1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by redneck09, Jun 5, 2013.

1. redneck09

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know I'm lesbian and have for about 10 years now but for my family's sake I hide behind a straight mask... I date guys so that my parents don't suspect anything but I'm sick of lying.. I want to be who I am but I don't know how to come out or how to find a girlfriend.... Last night I told my best guy friend but besides him no one else knows the truth. What should I do? :confused:

2. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Been in a similar situation told my best friend I was bi and so she sort of helped me come up with a plan to tell other of my friends. Still can't tell my family but anyways you don't have to completely lie but you don't have to tell the complete truth like if you weren't dating anybody and your parents said hey why don't you ever date you could say I just don't like any guys in this area that way technically that would be true

3. redneck09

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I had somewhat of my first backlash as I am trying to come out.... I told a guy friend of mine tonight that I was gay and that I was sorry for lying to him for so long but before I could finish the conversation he hung up me and then texted me that he never wanted to hear or see me again... is it normal to have these kind of backlashes as you come out?

4. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes it is normal but not typical that person will get over it