1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to start the conversation??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by annonnn, Jun 6, 2013.

1. annonnn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I met this girl about a month ago and we became almost instant best friends. It is not very often I find someone with the same passions and twisted sense of humour! She told me she was bi nonchalantly within a few days and was completely open and confident about it. Its awesome!
    So we were hanging out last week and I am pretty sure she knows I'm gay even though I am still completely in the closet. We started talking about the pride parade, the gay community she used to live in, how fun sex shops are (told me her favorites are the same sex ones down in CA, haha!), and then mentioned going to the rocky horror picture night. Before I could catch myself I said that I knew they did showings here as well and she said we had to go! I told her I had never seen it and she was absolutely shocked! She said, "really? YOU?! Well we have to change this right away!" :lol:
    I was trying to figure out all night when the best time/ right way to tell her was and I ended up just being really awkward and nervous. Said goodnight without saying a damn thing.
    I just have no idea how to tell her that first of all I am just accepting that I am gay, and second of all I havent told many people. I mean as awesome as she is I have only known her for a month too!
    How do I possibly start the conversation?
    We are hanging out a few times this weekend and I just have no idea what to say to her. I don't want to make it awkward and serious but I know I am going to be terrified!
    :help:

2. kibeth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you think she knows already then you could always just drop hints and be a bit flirty and she might ask you or the opportunity to say it naturally in a conversation might arise... Especially if you do not want it to be awkward or too serious.
    Good luck!!

3. Sayu

Oh, come on! :slight_smile: She's bi and I'd say she knows already :slight_smile: Just tell her: "Hey, *name*, you know I'm gay, right?" :slight_smile: Or: "I guess you probably know that I'm into girls..." :slight_smile: I always find it very easy to come out to people that I know are LGBT :slight_smile:

Or you could just drop a few hints, start talking about something related to LGBT or point out some chick and say she's hot lol :slight_smile: There are so many ways to do this :slight_smile:

Fingers crossed! (*hug*)

4. LD579

Quoted for emphasis, and good luck to you, ellemsee =) I don't think she'd mind at all, or would find it odd at all.

5. annonnn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You guys are right. I am going to tell her when we hang out later today. I came out to my cousin yesterday and it went so well! She was so excited and immediately started talking all about it and is now taking me to pride with her two best friends (who are also lesbians) and her boyfriend. I had a hard time believing that coming out would actually feel good, when in reality it feels absolutely incredible!! I want to start telling more people!