1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Image

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katmando, Apr 21, 2008.

1. katmando

Hi Guys:

A few years ago I have struggled with body image and while it bothers me here and there, it doesn't bother me like it use to. But over the last week it has started to bother me a lot again. I went to the front runners the gay running group this past week and have a great time. But I also went to the regular running group that I sometimes go to. Anyway I hadn't been there in awhile and since I was last there, I have gotten myself into really great shape. While I was there one lady told me I looked great and said she didn't even know me at first, but the lady runs the group said the following to me. Your eating right?? Your feeling okay?? I guess this is a little dramatic, but a few months ago when I joined the gym I shed another 10 pounds within a few weeks. When I said this she said did you even need to lose any weight??

The thing is I weigh about 150 and able to maintain it I am about 5'10. Which is in the charts of normal. I have also been eating healthier, lighter and not as much. My goal weight was 160, after being STUCK at 170 for what seemed like whatever and although I really was not trying to get down with my increased running time and amount I am running. I got down to 150.

In my avatar which was taken about a month and half ago. I am about 150 or a maybe a few pounds over that. The thing is I am happy with what I see in the mirror. And for the most part, people say nice things about my appearance.

I was really thrown off by the woman in the group. Because she knows a lot about fitness and I think she does some personally training. I guess it would bother me less if some jerk said it, but she is not and she is straight forward and an honest person. I just can't stop obsessing about what she said, because now I am worried maybe I am too thin. Its driving me nuts. And I have been at 150 pounds for about 2.5 months

I think what is confusing is too conflicting points. One woman who says I look great. The other who thinks I am too thin. Both said it to me within about an hour and a half. My cousin who is also an honest and straighrt forward person, thinks I am pretty thin, but normal thin, not sickly thin. I also asked another friend who is honest and said I look great now.

The thing was when I was in high school I weighed 220 lb. Never want to be like that again. But the womans comment is still bothering me

Justin

#1 katmando, Apr 21, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. JSG

JSG Guest

Don't worry about it, you look great !! (*hug*)

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not stay off the scale for a while? Keep running, keep eating healthy, and if you still feel great, you're doing it right. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Louise

Don't forget also everything ia a question of taste, some people like thin people others like more rounded people, some like hairy people (me for example) and others prefer the bare chested look.

It doesn't really matter what other people think or say, that is just their opinion based on their taste. If you are happy with your body, are healthy and fit the rest really doesn't matter. Be happy with yourself, you look lovely to me.

5. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Lift some weights -_-

6. katmando

Hi Louise:

You are right and I just discussed it with my doc. I think the fact that most people think I look good is what I have to take into consideration. Maybe this woman did think I was too thin, but most people think I look fine and so do I

I was wasting too much time on one person. I do this a lot with everyything. Its draining. Not worth it. Anyway, I am going to front runners tomorrow and running with my shirrt off(I am hairy too :kiss: )

Will keep you guys posted

7. Jim1454

Exactly! I wouldn't worry about it if I were you...

Now... if only I had YOUR problem and was worried about being TOO THIN!!! :tantrum:

8. total mo

total mo Guest

People just have diffetent tastes. No one person can please everyone, trust me, I don't fancy zac efron. and you shouldnt care about looking good for that woman, its not like youre going to spend the rest of your life with her. If she doesnt like your body, make her deal with it, and besides you got a lot more people liking your body image. relax buddy, dont let her hurtful words make you think youre ugly.