1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like no girl will ever want me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I have difficulty imagining that anyone would ever want me. For some reason, even though I know that other girls out there do want girls, I just can't imagine it ever happening to me. I don't know why they'd ever pick me instead of a guy. And it makes me feel very inadequate and miserable about my chances of ever having a girlfriend.

Sorry that this is so teenage and angsty but it's just how I feel. Any advice on how to increase my self confidence is very much appreciated.

2. Ty

Ty Guest

I feel the same way about guys.. since all 5 gay guys my friends (who im out to) were all just wanting sex or something and then moving on, which is totally not me :s

but yess.. your not alone in your feelings and hmm what to suggest.. perhaps just move your mind off the idea of a partner for now, since your so young. I often think of a boyfriend and that usually gets me down so i just do homework or listen to music :slight_smile:

Okay im so sorry for the quallity of this post lol, but i've kinda wrote it whilst thinking of several different thinks so it runs weird >..<
    x

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Well atleast peopel want you for sex ¬__¬

I feel I never will get a partner :frowning2: apart from the older people

4. Ty

Ty Guest

They don't want me for sex because they like me though.. they just want someone to get them off =/ you'd find people like that in any age group, and its more common than would be preffered -.-

And i wouldn't say that Ethan :slight_smile: just get out there and im sure you'll find someone easily! :thumbsup:

5. pirateninja

Funnily enough I have felt this way for a loooooooooooong time. I have crushed on and been rejected so many times, at the very moment I'm not actively "seeking" romance, although I wouldn't turn it down if someone I liked asked me out :grin:

And in the past few weeks, I have been told of... not one... not two.... BUT THREE people who fancy me. Needless to say, I don't think I've ever felt so shocked. It's like buses, you wait ages for one and then three come along at once. :roflmao:

All I can say is, don't let it get you down. If someone had mentioned this a few weeks ago, or if they had said "I'll bet someone likes you", I'd have probably laughed at the possibility.

Besides, I happen to find you very wantable. Shame you live in Devon :wink:

6. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

i dont think there is any right answer to how to increase confidence, and i think it is something everyone has to deal with in one way or another .. you just have to start to try and change the way you think about things. i know it sounds hard but just try to see all your good points and try to accept the things your not happy about instead of letting them get you down.

from my own experience from having similar problems, i find it is worse when you are tired usually in the evening, when you feel 100 times worse about everything. so try and distract your mind at these hard times whenever you get them by doing things that you enjoy and keep you busy.

as for the girlfriend thing just dont worry ... i know everyone always says this but it is true, you will find someone but you may have to wait a little while. living in "the sticks" doesnt make it any easier (i know... im even more in the sticks in cornwall lol) but im sure you will find someone!!!!

hope some of this is helpful... but if you ever want to talk just PM me :slight_smile: even if it is to winge about tractors .. all we drive down west country lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:!! and hope you feel better soon!!

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I don't know why they'd ever pick me instead of a guy.

For the same reason that you'd pick THEM instead of a guy - because you're gay. :slight_smile:

Next time you're out and about, look at all the couples you see (gay and straight). You'll notice that it isn't just the hottest, richest, and most self-assured folks who managed to fall in love. And that's just the way it is. Relationships aren't a competition - "grab one before all the good ones are gone!" They're just people looking for someone they mesh with, someone they feel comfortable with, someone they can complement. And there are plenty of people out there - male and female - who fit that bill for you.

Lex

8. ccdd

ccdd Guest

(*hug*) (*hug*) I think we all feel a bit like this sometimes, whether gay or straight, although when you're gay it's confounded by the fact that there are fewer of us...

...but on this one point, just remember that there may be fewer lesbians, but there are also fewer lesbians for the one you like to run off with :lol:

I never had a relationship until I was 18, and had always thought I never would. And I am frequently heard now saying that I don't believe I will ever have one again - because a part of me believes that I won't. But the majority of people - including lesbians - do meet someone and fall in love, and have them fall in love with them.

I would also say that the older I've got, the more bi and gay people I've met, and the more people I know who are out - so as you get older, I think you're more likely to meet other girls like you. The fact that you're out to yourself, and some others is a HUGE bonus, because you can't get a date unless you know, and others know, you're a lesbian...

But you have certainly never struck me as someone who would end up alone, or as someone no one would want - I think you're really nice and if you wait long enough it'll happen!! I have friends in their mid-twenties who are just starting out in their first relationships, having the time of their lives, having spent a decade convinced they would never go out with anyone.

But I can't think that no one would ever like you, because I think you're very likeable, and I seriously think that you'll meet someone one day who will totally rock your world!! Just remember that we all like you, that gay people do form relationships, and that it will happen one day - you're still (like me) quite young!! (*hug*) (*hug*)

9. Brandford

i feel like no one at all will ever want me

10. Sam

Sam

I feel the same way. I feel like I'm just going to be alone my entire live. I look way younger than I am so I feel like a girl will never seriously look at me plus I don't think I'm attractive. Sorry I can't help but at least you know you are not alone. I'm sure we are wrong. There is someone out there for everybody we just have to find it.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quick hint at making people like you - like yourself first. That doesn't mean pretending you're something you're not. It just means accepting who you are. Being proud of the good things you are and do, and accepting whatever faults you might have.

Let me toss out this example again. I'm a klutz. (And for those that don't know, that means "someone who is awkward or clumsy".) Dear GOD, am I a klutz. Put me alone in an empty airplane hangar with a small rock, and I WILL trip over it. I could probably elbow you in the eye while shaking your hand in greeting. I'm just THAT klutzy.

I'm not proud of this. I certainly wish I wasn't so klutzy. But I've accepted it. It's part of who I am. I try to minimize it - I TRY not to elbow people in the eye - but I know I'm gonna do some klutzy things. And when I do, I just sort of shrug it off. Lex being Lex. I've accepted the klutzy part of me. And ALL parts of me. And that's why I LIKE me. And the more I LIKE me, the more others seem to like me too. :slight_smile:

Lex

12. Louise

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) That's a mumsy hug for you. On the girlfriend front I there is nothing I can say that will make any difference but for your self confidence maybe I can help.

Think of something you like doing which is benifical to someone, your family, a neighbour, a friend, then go and do it, go and have fun, accomplish something. If you try to do this regularly you will soon see the appreciation in the eyes of the people you are helping, they will look forward to seeing you, they will have a positive attitude towards you, in the way they talk to you and about you and you will feel good being with them.

We are all socail creatures at heart and the acceptation and approbation of those around us is more important than we realise sometimes.

Getting out and about and doing something usefull is very valourising... and helps pass the time and you never know, along the way you might meet someone. :icon_bigg

13. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Thanks so much everyone for all your comments :slight_smile: They have encouraged me. yahooo is right that these feelings tend to affect me most in the evening, when I get all groobly (soppy). And you're all right that I need to try and accept my minus points instead of worrying about them. And you're again all right that doing something fun/productive is the best way to counterract these feelings (that's why I get it in the evenings, when I'm just sloping about the house). Crikey, you're all right about most things. I suppose I just have to be patient (not one of my strengths).

I hope everyone else who feels this way can also benefit from the advice I've been given. And, thank you, pirateninja, you know I reciprocate :wink: *cross county glomp*

14. Gumtree

2 Points.

1. Confidence in being who YOU are, is key.

2. I spent months at a time with the exact feelings as you, but then i realized i can't complain as i, for some reason, thought that i would get anywhere liking straight guys or the town bicycle (the only other guys in the... district?!... were Bi guys that fcked anything with a heartbeat when they had the chance). So i figured i wasn't missing out on anything.

15. Nodnarb

I know I've felt like how you're feeling quite often too. I think for me its a lot about self-confidence in how I look. But I've started to lose weight(20 pounds!)and I've noticed that I'm feeling more confident in myself. Its nice to hear people say they can tell I'm "slimming down".

I think that, and all the advice in this thread, are really going to help me. So thanks everyone!

And now for my own advice to you. Its probably best just not to think about it, but I know how hard it is not to. You're young, and there is plently of time to find someone. I think there is somebody out there for everyone, and you seem like a very special person, so I KNOW you'll find somebody.

16. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know this feeling as well hon! (in all truth I didn't think you were single! You seem really great!) But I don't think it will last forever as everyone else is saying as well! I like what ccdd said about the fewer people for you also means fewer people for the other girl. It couldn't be more then true though!

17. Tim

Tim

Wow, a lot of people think the same way :confused: Including me, rofl. Though, I have a semi different thing... Girls seem to like me for some reason, but guys don't -.- My sister even commented on it lol.

Anyways, In my experience, it's best just to look forward to the future and hope things change (even if I don't do it half the time, it really helps :slight_smile:)