1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so scared :'(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by smokey-knows-all, Jun 9, 2013.

1. smokey-knows-all

I want to come out to people because it feels like I'm hiding myself from them but at the same time I'm scared of what will happen if I do. My mom and grandma pressure me to be more like a girl and my mom decided I was a whore when I had a girlfriend. I don't think my dad really cares and my brother is the normal "ooh lesbians are hot" kind of guy but I feel like my mom would be angry or try to ground me or reinstate the ban on me sleeping over places because apparently I'm going to fuck every girl I'm in the same room with. I'm planning to be open with everyone when I go to a new bigger school next year (moving to highschool!) but still I'm afraid that the same kids or new kids will bully me and this will give them new things to torment me about. The whole thing is so tough and being 15 doesn't help at all.
    this is me inside: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:
    this is me outside :confused:
    :help:

2. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am in a similar situation to yours, so I can't offer much advice, but I definitely feel for you! I'm sure people like you and I can find a lot of help here at EC. Just never give up!

3. smokey-knows-all

Part of me likes me but part of me hopes that when I'm 20 I'll put on a dress and marry some guy and be normal and make everybody happy

4. Tiny Catastrophe

You have to worry about making yourself happy because it's your life. If you see yourself with a girl than go for it. And your mom sounds a lot like my girlfriend's mom. And don't come out until you're ready. Unfortunately my girlfriend got outted not by her own choice. If you don't feel ready than don't come out yet. And as for high school, yeah some kids can be really mean but I've noticed things have changed a lot since I was in high school (over 3 years ago) and people seem to be more accepting. You just have to learn to be happy with who you are and f**k what everyone else thinks.

5. william123

Interesting... in my humble opinion, you should listen to the part that is happy to be you. :slight_smile: Just a thought.

6. gayboy66

My best advice to you, is : Your 15, and you will be a freshman in High School,
    Do you have a girlfriend that you really love yet ? no, you don't. High School is tough, but even tougher are the students that, when they find out that you're a lesbian, are going to try and ruin your life. So before you go and make this decision, think about your upcoming life, and make sure that this is really what you want.

gayboy66

7. AudreyMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

A change of school will help. Typicially larger schools have either support groups or counselers, but be weary of them. You have to find the right one for yourself who actually cares. Also, being in that new environment will give you a chance to "blend" in so to speak as to not draw as much attention as you currently would. New frinds too! YAY!

Best of luck! <3

8. TymeLawd

TymeLawd Guest

I totally get it! My mom banned me from having sleepovers with guys after she found out. Bullies are stupid. Don't care what they think. Come up with some things to say back to them to embarrass them if they try to bully you.

9. CuriousBunny

I'm not sure if you should let your mom know, but high school is a great place to come out. Many high schools have gay-straight alliance to minimize bullying, so you won't have to worry too much about that.

10. Dougie99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let yourself first be able to accept this yourself...I'm round ur age and I feel ya....I accident came out to my parents on accident...and I kinda still questioned it...but Ik I'm gay now but make sure ur sure bout it yourself...and idk if u r gonna be out in high school...I'm waiting to find out if I'm going 2 be of there too...this world is mean...but..we can't change ourselves...I don't know you but I love you so much and I pray and hope it all is gonna b okay 4 you <3 stay strong ( u can private message me if u need 2 I'm always open to listen :slight_smile:

11. JustAnotherSoul

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, I absolutely love your use of emoticons. They are absolute amazingness. Second, just remember that you don't have to come out to everyone at once. You can come out to a couple friends then your dad, then a favorite aunt, all without telling your mum. Just make sure that anyone you tell knows who they can and can't talk to about it.

The sleepover situation sucks. I had something similar happen, but because I was almost 18 when I came out, and because my parents are divorced, I just went to live with my dad full time. Turns out it's much easier to deal with my dear mother in small doses. I actually like spending time with her now! It's too bad something like that isn't an option for you. You might just have to resign yourself to no slumber parties in high school, or at least not any with cute queer girls. Maybe at some point she'll chill enough to be fine with straight friends. (Ahh, isn't this a depressing paragraph. World, you need to get your shit together and stop this madness so we don't have to write stuff like this anymore.)

12. wanderinggirl

Man, if ONLY i could fuck every girl I'm in the same room with... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In all seriousness though, this is an awful isolating situation and I'm sorry. You said your dad doesn't really care; could you come to him for support if you needed to? Is your brother older or younger and could you maybe talk to him seriously about it and try to get him to see beyond the "lesbians are hot" side? (duh they're hot, that's why I want to date them...) Maybe they just don't realize how important they are in your life at this moment and how much you need them, and maybe they'd pleasantly surprise you by coming through for you.

Props for deciding to be out in your new school. Not to generalize, but Idaho is typically not the most accepting of places; seek out your guidance counselor and your local GSA. Also don't forget to be involved in other things! Maybe it will help take the pressure off if you aren't just "the new gay girl" but "the new girl on the track team who is gay". If you are bullied, there are tons of resources out there so you don't have to feel alone. I'm sure you'll do splendidly, whatever happens. Good luck!

13. misssunshine91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Same here :grin:

14. BooksJeansTea

You've got some great advice here that you could make use of.

I just wanted to say that you're already doing something right by paying attention to what makes you happy and accepting yourself. That's great and if that's any indication of the kind of person you are (courageous) then I think you will find your way and be great!

15. Kamina

Idk what its like in Idaho but here I'm in a catholic school (like mass every month and bible passages over the announcements :dry: I'm agnostic) and there is one very open gay guy, and I have a few friends who identify as bi and honestly everyone I know and the majority of the school (as far as I know) could care less. There are a few teachers that I don't like because of prejudices including homophobia but I guess that happens everywhere. Anyways highschool is a place to reinvent yourself, you don't have to have contact with anyone from elementary school if you don't want to, god knows I didn't! Get a feel for the school and then do what feels comfortable to you!

Highschool is a haven for some people (me :grin:) because the horizon suddenly widens and you have manymore choices in friends, interests, and in my experience there isnt as much bullying. Drama flourishes but if you know the right people you can avoid it pretty easily. I don't know your stance on fandoms or theater but that is the main thing that opens up in highschool, at least it was for me. Its like "Welcome to highschool! You may now enjoy singing and acting on stage. Oh and people watch anime and LOVE other wonderful nerdy things and its not looked down on to obsess over them, we encourage it actually!" So yea highschool is awesome. I know a group of guys that play yu-gi-oh at lunch and spare most days. There are also plently of sports so honestly there is something for everyone.

And there is no rush to come out! I'm headed into grade 12 next year and I'm just figureing everything out now! :lol: don't worry, and jsyk, my school has a youth councillor who is completely seperate from the guidance councillors who do your time tables and such. Get a feel for your resources, and if you have something similar you could even make an appointment to ask if she/he knows about anyone who has come out and what happened. I'm sure they could warn you if it is or is not a gay friendly community at your school!

Just my thoughts and I wish you the best of luck this coming year, it will be a blast trust me! :thumbsup: (!)

#15 Kamina, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  16. RainbowShy

I guess I am in a similar situation but with college, and I know that people in the high school I just graduated from would accept me with open arms because they know me, they've known me for years, but I the people at university don't...

Also regarding what you said, I kind of want to do the opposite, put on a suit and get married to a girl and watch the world burn. Is that mean?

17. rocknrollchickk

Out Status:
    All but family
    Im going into 10th grade and pretty much my whole school knows Im Bi (Im still questioning my sexuality, but i know im more into girls then guys) . Anyway , nobody really has a problem with it anymore. When I first came out last year everybody knew in a matter of days. News spreads quickly where I live. Everybody let it go after a few weeks , didnt talk about it . There were a few times in the beginning people would call me names, fag, dyke, etc. But i didnt let it bother me. I have my group of friends who completely supported me and still do . I think you should tell your close friends first and go from there. My bestfriends older sister told me this, " If people have a problem with who you are , there the problem , not you." You dont have to come out just yet if you dont want to . Just remember to do what makes you happy. :icon_bigg

18. Batman is swag

I wish I could do more than say that we all love and accept you here, and my wall is always open if you need a good listener. Hang in there, hon! <333(*hug*)