1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling boyfreind im a MtF

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Numbsong, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Numbsong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, so heres the deal: im a MtF Trans and I have a gay boyfreind who i really like. Theres one problem, he said to me before in a conversation that he thought Trans were gross. He thinks im just a bi dude, what do I do ive been on hormones for nearly two months and im changing, so eventually hes going to notice. What do I do????:help:

2. Fess up to him and be honest. If he doesn't like it, you'll find someone who loves you for you. Who knows, he may be more open since it is you.

3. Sadepeura

Most people who say things like "trans are gross", only say it because they don't know anything about the concept. So many people think that being trans is the same as being a drag queen for instance.

As hawaiiangirl said, you should just be honest with him. It's a difficult conversation, but if he really loves you for who you are, he will understand. Because at the moment he does not know you for who you really are, if he thinks that you're a guy. This is a fairly important part of you and he deserves to know. And if he is fully gay, your relationship might not work out in the end, but then you will find someone else eventually who will be the right person for you and you don't need to lie.

4. Dins3label

I would tell him as soon as possible. If you wait to long, his feelings will go from "trans are gross" to "I've been lied to".

Good luck though, you don't want to lose him, it must be hard!

5. ScatteredEarth

Okay this may not be the best place to ask this question, but can someone tell me what a Transgender MtF is? I have a concept on Transgender but I have no clue what MtF is supposed to mean though.

6. AaronMed

MtF = Male to Female, i.e. MAAB (male assigned at birth), but female on the inside.

7. Numbsong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the advice eveyone, ill tell him. Hopefully hes okay with it :astonished:

8. riahf

Good luck!

9. Numbsong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I talked to him about it, he broke up with me

10. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He broke up with you?? I'm so sorry hun! (*hug*) Some people are just cruel... I know exactly how you feel sweetie my girlfriend of nearly 2 years broke up with me when I came out to her... If you need a shoulder to cry on or someone that understands to listen just message me... I'm so sorry hun... (*hug*)

11. Dins3label

Wow, he didn't even want to talk about it? I'm sorry :frowning2: What was he specifically angry over?

12. Femmeme

(*hug*) I'm sorry sugar.

You did the right thing though, and you are much better off without him. People who don't accept us, or that we don't feel safe being honest with are a waste of time and heart ache.

13. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Sigh, LGBT really should stick together more. There is this horrible division that it's almost like it's LG, and B, and T, and BT, and LB, but not LGBT.