1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zūn Jìng, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

Okay, so I'll start out with this :help:

There is something odd about this whole situation here it goes. I know I'm gay I like guys and not girls. I accept myself in my head. But whenever I try to talk to someone in person about it I can barely say anything let alone actually talk about my homosexuality.Earlier today my best friend asked me and said "Oh my god did you see Griffin's(The guy I like) hair today? It was so adorable" In my mind I wanted to say yes. But this is what came out *Silence* So she just walked off. So this is really confusing and I really need to figure out whats going on!:bang:

-Dan! :help:

2. sdc91

Don't worry, it happens to all of us. I still don't make comments to my parents or roommate.

You're out to her, right? It'll just take some time to get used to the fact that you're out.

3. Gumtree

Heya Dan.

This happens to everyone when their coming out!

I don't think anyone is going to be able to give an exact answer as to why, but I think it's all to do with acceptance. Every person that you tell and not even that, every time you say it even to yourself is another step of acceptance. It's easy to say that you're okay with it in your head but being comfortable with saying it, is a bit harder.

Every time you tell someone you run the chance of them not accepting it and making it harder to go back on. All humans have the natural instinct of survival, and avoiding vulnerability is part of that. As time goes by, it will get easier for you :slight_smile:

Hope this helped!