1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the bible says, and doesn't say, about homosexuality

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Paul_UK, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I haven't read this yet (it's 26 pages...) but thought some of you may find it interesting and useful. Let us know what you think!

http://www.agcmcc.org/pdfs/whatthebiblesays.pdf

It's a PDF file so you'll need Adobe Reader installed to read it.

2. Isaac101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did not read any of these 26 pages, but i did grow up in very religious environment and have read the whole bible and all that....Well im gay, so didnt exactly sit well with people that believed i was going to hell. It was hard for me because there was a time that i also believed i was going to hell.....I do not feel like getting into a big discussion but here is the jist of it: Everyone asks..."well doesnt the bible say that being gay is wrong? ....My Respone, "Maybe....but the bible also says that its okay to have concubines and have sex with aton of other women while your married, it also says that its okay to discriminate women and confine them when they are on there period, and it also says that its okay to kill a man so that you can have sex with his wife, and that when you do this you will be rewarded with jewels and become a king"..... Bam!!! you just got schooled Bitch!!!....That is my response that people who ask me that......thank you :slight_smile:

3. Caudex

Caudex Guest

…This was posted in 2007…

4. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What makes the Bible the ultimate authority on being gay and God?

Rather answer me this instead; how many writings regarding Jesus and what he said NEVER were put into the bible? Many of his quotes that destroy the power, authority and money making aspects of man mde churches never made th bible.

Check out the Gospel of Thomas and see what Jesus says about ritual, prayer, and giving money to churches (alms).

Or this;

You will see the organized churches of today are anti-Christion.

When something doesn't make sense there is an old axiom;

FOLLOW THE MONEY (and power)

It defines the basis of what got included in the bible.

The bible was crafted by theologians at the direction of politicians. Has either of those groups ever done Jesus a lick of good?

Stuck

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2013 at 03:18 AM ----------

Gospel of Thomas;

Enough said about hiding you are gay.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2013 at 03:26 AM ----------

It would appear EC is much more active in doing Gods work and following Jesus's words than most churches;

Somebody pass the potatoes...

Stuck

#4 skiff, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013