1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to my dad even if I think he knows?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Techno Kid, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Techno Kid

So I've come out to my mom and lots of other friends and family, but for some reason a talk like this with my that seems highly uncomfortable.
    I think he knows because I've talked about LGBT type stuff with him around and sort of with him as well. I also have a pride flag (printed out) in my room.
    He never has negative reactions to this type of stuff and before I came out to my mom, I came out to both of them (maybe before I was ready) and said that I might be bi. They did not believe me and asked what I thought it meant (I have Learning disabilities, but found it kind of insulting that they thought I might not know the definition).

So do you guys think I should come out to him or does it not matter? Thanks for any help. :slight_smile:

2. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My advice is if you think he already knows act like you've already told him then hell probably ask you

3. ScatteredEarth

You said he has a pretty good idea on who you are. I'm sure that telling him would only ease your stress on the matter. And if he doesn't support the idea then at least you know you were honest with him.

4. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

You should probably tell him, just so that you both know where you are on the matter. He seems as if he'll be just fine with it.

5. doors

If you have a gay flag in you're room and he's seen it, he definitely knows lol.

6. biggayguy

If he(they) won't listen any other way bring a boy friend home. That will get their attention. :eek::icon_wink

7. Techno Kid

Thanks for all the advice guys! :slight_smile: I'll probably tell him when I build the nerve. lol
    and thanks for the laugh biguy50 hehe...good point as well in a way XD