1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I come out if I don't even know what I am?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by owctm, Jun 12, 2013.

1. owctm

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Let me start this off by telling you a couple of things about my self. I am 16 years old, and I have struggled with social anxiety disorder and depression for almost my entire life. I have never had a boyfriend but Ii have had one girlfriend. I don't know if I am bisexual or a lesbian, and my mom would probably kick me out of my house if she knew about this.

So, I am very certain I am not straight. But I don't know if I'm bi or a lesbian. I think I'm leaning more towards being a lesbian, as I feel a strong attraction towards girls that I don't feel for boys. I sometimes think of a romantic relationship with a boy, but I just can't picture my self kissing or going farther than that with a boy. With girls, it's a way different story. I imagine myself in a romantic relationship with all the kissing and cuddling and sometimes I even think about having sex with a girl. When I was with Abby, my ex-girlfriend, I kissed her and it felt amazing. If we weren't at school, and hiding in the bathroom, it probably would havee gone a lot farther than kissing. But I can't imagine feeling that with a boy. My sister, who is out as a lesbian, knows about all of this but I didn't tell her. She could just tell because I was completely fine going to pride festival with her. So anyways, how do I come out if I don't know what I am?? And how do I figure out what I am??

2. You don't have to come out until you are ready. You need to figure out yourself before you can tell others about yourself.

Why would your Mom kick you out of the house? Did she kick your sister out? Is your sister someone you can talk to about these feelings?