1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JakeHas, Jun 13, 2013.

1. JakeHas

Hey guys, so I have been wanting to tell my sister I'm gay for a while now. I previously told her I'm bi, but as time passed, I figured out that's just a big old lie! I'm straight out gay. If you can use straight in that context.
    Nonetheless, I don't know how to tell her. I want to do something funny and creative that will take some pressure off of me. There is a problem though, I'm neither funny or creative. What do you guys suggest?
    Thanks in advance!

2. BornInTexas

First off, she knows you at least had feelings for the same sex with you told her you were bisexual, right? Did she have a positive reaction?

There was a thread asking for creative ways to come out earlier. Fiddledeedee posted a link that had a bunch of funny ways on there. I can't remember the thread name though. My favorite was on news stories about the cake. Writing "I'm gay" on a cake, then perhaps putting a letter on the side. In the end, there's cake. I think it's a hoot.

**Edit:

Found the thread.
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/97372-creative-coming-out-ideas.html

#2 BornInTexas, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  3. ScatteredEarth

^You could make a cake and right that.. Or.. you can do my idea and take a Toaster Strudel and write I'm gay with the icing. That's much better than some cake that's gonna take you an hour :slight_smile: Just look around, I'm sure you'll find something that was already posted that could help you out.