1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It too soon to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blue123, Jun 13, 2013.

1. blue123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi :icon_bigg

I was 13 when I began to question my sexuality but I was in denial for about 3 years, I then joined EC after searching if I was a leabian. Im 17 now and I excepted that I was a lesbian about 5 months ago. The past year has been very difficult as i was unsure of my sexuality.

Although I have excepted myself, I still have days were I question myself. I was going to give a letter to my mum and one to my best friend about my sexuality which I have already written out but whenever I read them back or imagine them reading it, it makes me not feel right like I don't want to let them know im a lesbian, but I really do want to come out.

I know I feel ready to come out but why do I have days were I get scared that its all just a phase and that what if I dont actually like girls sexully, I fantasize about doing sexual things with girls but I haven't atchally done it in real life, so what if it turns out I dont like it??...:confused:

2. Frumpy Pigskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you find females sexually attractive?

3. eatsleepclimb

I know how you feel :slight_smile: I have these freak-out phases where I wonder if it's all just a phase and I'm not going to like being with girls. If only it wasn't such a big deal and no one cared...but if you're pretty sure than I think it's ok :slight_smile: and if you turn out to be bi or something it's ok too!

4. KnownSecret

I get like that way a lot, and it's probably because you don't want to change the way your friend/mom sees you. Coming out can be difficult especially if you still sometimes question who you really are. I would say if you are pretty sure of your sexuality then come out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: as eatsleepclimb said if you turn out to also like guys everyone wouldn't have an issue at least I wouldn't think so. Just explain that sexuality is complex and sometimes you know who you are and sometimes you don't! Good luck! Hope everything goes smooth!

~Zack~

5. blue123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I do

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2013 at 12:56 AM ----------

Ok thankyou :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2013 at 01:00 AM ----------

Ok thankyou (*hug*) .yeah I wish It wasn't such a big deal too

6. ioden

Hello!! If you only find females sexually and emotionally attractive and men not at all, and if this has been a consistent trait in your life, then you are indeed a lesbian. Sexual experiences aren't necessary to prove that. The central thing is your consistent attraction towards females. If it is that way, then it's not a phase.

Mmm, still, is there other reasons than thinking it's just a phase which stops you from coming out to your mum and best friend?

7. biggayguy

If you're still dependent on your parents for food, clothing and shelter I would wait. Many teens have been tossed out on the street after telling their parents they were gay. If you still strongly question being sexually attracted to women I would wait until you were mostly sure. It's up to you when you feel ready.