1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out This Weekend OMG

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by remainnameless, Jun 13, 2013.

1. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't been to my Dads in like forever, at least over 6 months. It's a long story but pretty much I've always had problems going there cause almost the whole family does weed and they always seem miserable. Anyways, I like going to see my sister and my 2 little bros. Me and Jazz (my sister who is actually not related to me but we are super frikkin close) have been like best friends since I started visiting years ago.

Jazz is like a super crazy fun outgoing person who as always "jokingly" accused me of being gay since we were little, and I never had the guts to tell her she was actually right. When I came out to my best friend a couple months ago I finally have got the confidence to tell her too. I'm actually excited because I know she will support me, but I'm freaking out too (of course). I think just going to flat say "I'm gay" in a completely irrelevant situation. It's going to be interesting to say the least haha.

I will let you guys know what happens! It will either be tonight or tomorrow night. Oh the nerves!!

2. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hang in there, Nameless. I'm sending you good vibes.

Hope it goes well.

--Zoe

3. AaronMed

I'm seconding those vibes! You're gonna be okay (*hug*). Let us know how it goes!

4. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well my Dad that hasn't seen me in months "forgot" to pick me up so I guess I won't go until tomorrow.

Aw shucks Dad you're the best. Ugh

5. TimK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hoe it goes well. Thinking of you.

6. 2112

I've thought about doing that too because it never comes up in a conversation when I actually want to tell someone, but I think it would probably be really awkward.

7. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

I wish you the best of luck! I thought of doing something similar when I come out. Make sure to tell us her reaction :wink:

8. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My little bro was with us all last night while we watched Netflix so I didn't get the chance to tell her. I was going to tonight but she just got asked to babysit and spend the night with her Aunt Sam, dang! I'm ready to tell her now lol, not tomorrow. I might do it today anyways if I get the chance, I will let you guys know.

9. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any updates? I'm actually interested in knowing too :slight_smile: But bedtime, first!
    I hope you've replied within the next 8 hours or-so, lol. good luck/well done!

10. ScatteredEarth

I recently came out to my mother and my sister. Like literally today.. Very interesting story, but that's for my own thread.

11. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Holy. Freaking. Shit. This might be long guys lol. So it turned out my sister didn't go to her Aunt's last night. When night came we were hanging out alone in my sisters room. Earlier that day, Jaz had mentioned something like "I have to tell you something big tonight" I was like "me too...". We were sitting on her bed and she randomly played a song ("Can't Help Falling In Love" by Ingrid Michaelson) and I started singing along and she was like"you know this!?". She then was like here watch this video it's where I found that song.

(You won't believe this it was crazy) It was a video of a lesbian couple dancing at a wedding, and she basically told me she was bi leaning towards girls. After that she was like so what were you going to tell me? I instantly just said "I'm gay". She didn't believe me at first, she thought I was kidding. It took some convincing, including me telling her I always thought the poster of the guy on her wall was cute. After I had convinced her she started dancing around the room like "I knew it! I knew it! You just made my Summer!". I was like ya and this just made my life lol. I was like dang I feel like I'm on cloud 9, she was like "me too!". We laid there and talked about stuff, then again this morning we talked and talked. I told her about the one guy I had seriously liked, she told me about her ex girlfriend and being bothered at school for being an open bisexual.

The whole thing has been surreal and awesome, it feels so good to have someone know and be so completely accepted.

12. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you that she was not only accepting, but is also someone who completely understands what you're feeling and now you're both there to help each other out.

(!)

So wonderful to hear! Thank for sharing.

--Zoe

13. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Of Course :slight_smile: she's still freaking out lol