1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think somebody likes me. But there's a problem.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SamAlex728, Apr 22, 2008.

1. SamAlex728

I think somebody likes me, which is surprising to me anyways. Yes, the problem is that the person is a she. She is one of the popular girls. She always says hi to me. She sorta gets nervous when she's talking to me. This is a miracle in itself. If I were straight, I would be excited at the possibility of a girl liking me. But she is sweet. I was wondering. If it ever came up that she did actually like me, I don't want to just tell her that I'm not interested and break her heart if she does like me. But I can't tell her the truth either. I have no idea what would happen if I did, as I've only known her for a month. I can't just tell her I'm not interested or that I'm gay. I have gone over the consequences of both in my head tons of times. I don't want to make up some lame excuse. If she does like me, and tells me eventually, what should I do? I like her and don't want to hurt her, but I can't reciprocate the feelings that she could possibly have towards me.
    And please don't tell me I'm being dramatic.
    Yes, there were some major signs.

2. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Hummm... When this happened to me I told her okay, overnight I thought it over and the next day I told her no way (Because I go to college in another state... and I didn't even know her that well, even though she was in a large portion of my life. Not to mention she was my good friend's sister and he would beat my ass :slight_smile:). Bad Idea, got lots of shiznit for it too.

I would go with the truth. Tell her that her you enjoy her company but physically you aren't attracted to her because you like teh guys. I've found that honesty is the best policy, and will bring the best results. Who knows, she may become a great friend over time, just because she was so honored that you would be so honest (Honored/Honest??Hmm). It wouldn't hurt her too bad, I mean, its a secret, people understand that. The only problem is thats one more soul that knows you are gay. I say go for it though, the end result is less damage and an additional person to confide to about your sexuality. She will most likely respect your secret and keep it to herself if you ask her to (Tell her she can't even tell her close friends, secrets can travel real fast at your age). Talk with her about issues that concern you, gay issues, so she doesn't think you're lying about being gay to lessen the blow on her ego.

"I can't reciprocate the feelings that you have towards me." "I wish I could but I can't" "If I were straight, I would be excited at the possibility of you liking me."

#2 Nicvcer, Apr 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2008
  3. total mo

total mo Guest

well, you could give her signs that you are gay, like say, talk about how nice that guy's pecs are. or you could give her some fashion advice. she would come to learn you are gay, and would stop, if not, she would prolly wants to be frends with you. i think thats it is really sweet. but u are going to break her heart in the end, because ur gay. and you dont want that to happen to someone you care about right?

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a fan of the "factual lie". That's a statement that's completely and utterly true, but may convey some information that isn't exactly accurate. So if this girl makes some overt moves to suggest that she'd like to be more than friends, you can say "I'm really not looking to have a girlfriend right now." Or "I really think you're great, but I think I like you as a friend only." Both statements are totally accurate. Both should let her know that you like her, but she should stop making moves on you. But neither one tips your hand.

Lex

5. Thatsit

That's pretty much what I did when girls liked me haha