1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Valerie, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought about this and I got a great idea to make coming out funny and less stressful

When I will come out (I won't do that with my parents, uncles, etc. But maybe I will with my sister) I will tell them that I have a good joke.

It will go like this:

Me : Hey (insert friend's name) I have a good joke (or a good one if we are already talking about jokes)! So, ask me if I am a lesbian, I have a really funny answer!

Friend : Ok (and maybe a few ''What the f#ck'') ... Are you a lesbian?

Me : YES. (and then start fake laughing to make it sound funny (with the way I laugh, my friend will find it funny!)) :roflmao:

So I thought I would share this with you so maybe you can use that for your coming out too! :slight_smile: So if you don't want to say the words ''I'm gay/I'm a lesbian'', then this is a good one! Maybe they won't believe you, but then you can say : ''I'm not joking, I meant what I said!''. They will not be expecting that answer, so it will probably be funny! If they react really badly about you being gay and you don't want to lose them, you can still say :''Ok ok I'm kidding. I just wanted to see your reaction! That was funny as hell!'' :thumbsup:

2. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That is actually a pretty decent idea that way at the end you have an escape route and the friendship stay intact

3. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's exactly why I am going to do that! Because that way, I can ''cancel'' my coming out! haha :grin:

4. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ill have to try that when I move

5. biggayguy

That's cute! :slight_smile: The thing is even if you flat say "I'm gay" they will probably take it as a joke. However doing it your way may get them used to the idea that you might be gay. I do hope it works out for you. (*hug*)

6. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well thanks :slight_smile: but I don't know when I am going to do this.. I want to come out as soon as possible but even though I know I can say that it was a joke and pretend nothing happened, I am still so f*cking scared!

I almost told my sister just now -_- ''Almost'' Well, I was thinking about it and then thought ''No way. Shut up.''