1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prom...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gustav, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really have noone to bring to my senior prom. i'm not really friends with many gay guys, well, anyways, they are mainly taken already. but i don't have any girlfriends to go with as friends cause they have guys to go with. so i'm kinda stuck alone, and i don't want to go without a date. should i just not go....or should i, idk....should i go?

2. Brandford

hmm this is a hard one i havent figured this one out myself

3. NathanHaleFan

If you're out to everybody, then there's no reason not to go. Everybody will know why you have no date, and it's still a lot of fun whether you have a date or not.

4. Rahata

Me personally. I never got a date for Grad. I still went and had a blast afterwards, hung out with some friends got drunk and went home. I didn't stay for the dance or anything. I went for the dinner, crossed the stage and then went out with friends afterwards. I wore my tux for about 4 hours lol.

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have any single straight guy friends who would go with you on a lark? :slight_smile:

Would any of your gay guy friends who are taken go with you as your "date" where it's understood you're just going as friends?

Barring that, yeah it sorta sucks if you don't want to go alone but as much as I wasn't anything remotely approaching a "joiner" in high school, I do believe that certain rituals are important and I think things marking the end of high school, which is a huge transition in modern life, are worth being part of. So... I think it might be worth going stag if you have friends to hang out with and celebrate with. Either that or find your most match-makey friend and see if they have some suggestions or connections.

6. kozmic blues

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes of course you should go. I'm a sophomore, but I already pretty much know I'm gonna end up going with some of my girlfriends. I'm going in the ugliest, cheapest, tackiest dress I can find...just to start shit I guess... =)