1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dad what a pain

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mattjm, Jun 15, 2013.

1. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright a while ago I mentioned I was moving so yeah any ways my dad just will not stop pestering me about a girlfriend so I make a quick lie that since we're moving in a month there is no point and he'll say fair enough. And he is a good friend of DJ Ashba from guns and roses so he says to me do you know how many girls are gonna be after you because you'll be hanging with a rocker so I say yeah in a sort of idc tone which he responds you don't seem excited so I tell him oh I am but it just isn't a big deal. Anyways I want to tell him I'm gay really bad so he'll stop saying this crap which I couldn't care less about buthe is so homophobic.

Oh yeah here's a gift(!)

2. smokey-knows-all

ooh that sucks... but you've gotta choose between him being mad at you for not finding a girl or being mad at you for being gay. who knows, his own son being gay might be a wake up call for tolerance
    good luck bro :newcolor:

3. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Next time he says something like that, you could just tell him that you are gay and see his reaction. If he is okay with it then great, if he reacts badly then you can tell him it's a joke and that you actually have a crush on a girl but she has a boyfriend (he can't really argue with that, since it's not your fault if ''the only girl you like'' is taken)..

I think that your dad saying those things is a great way to start the conversation about you being gay!

Good luck (!)

4. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It might be that he already suspects you are gay,and he is tryng to hook you up with some girls so you "realise you are not gay"