1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100% sure my mom knows...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SettingHerFree, Jun 15, 2013.

1. SettingHerFree

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In the last few months my mom has asked me if I was gay, and I said no. She dropped it for a while and everything was normal. But lately she has started dropping hints that she knows, and I'm pretty sure she's okay with it. I'm just not ready to tell her yet and I get really scared when I think about it. I leave for collegein two months and i don't want to tell her until I'm out of the house, I'm just not sure I can lie to her for two more months. I'm so absolutely terrified she will be dissapointed in me. I could deal with everything else. I need whatever help you can offer me. Thank you so much in advance.

2. smokey-knows-all

If she doesn't seem angry about it and seems like a nice enough person about it you should sit her down and tell her, it'll probably be kind of a happy moment because you're being open with her finally. Plus, you're old enough that there's really nothing she or anyone can do if they decide not to like it. I'd say give it a go and see how it turns out! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she didn't ''want'' you to be a lesbian, she wouldn't ask you if you were, because she wouldn't want it to be true.

I really think you should tell her :slight_smile:

4. Before you tell her, ask her what her views on gay issues, and if their positive give it a go!