1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imperfections

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Earlier today me and my sister were argueing, which is a common thing, when my sister said:
    S: I am sorry to tell you chris you will never be perfect.
    Me: I know that im not stupid!
    S: especially cause of that one thing but I wont say cause mom and dad are right there but it starts with a g.
    Mom: Don't courtney!
    Me: no mom I wanna hear this, So you're are saying that being gay is an imperfection and that it is wrong for me to be gay.
    S: yeah.
    I left after that, A little while later I hear yelling at me to make me mad: I am sorry chris you're gay. I ignored her. Then later my mom came in my room crying and apologized that my sister said that. I told her that its not her fault. later my sister came in and said, Ugh, I am sorry for what i said and yada yada, (yells) there mom are you happy! she left and I followed her to the living room where I told her that I will have nothing to do with her anymore. And that I was sorry she was sorry for me being gay cause im not sorry i am, I am proud of what I am. that is all i've said and im ok with that. I am just mad she isn't sorry for what she said. idk i don't care anymore.

2. STK

STK Guest

Dayum, how old is your sister? In any case, you handled it well.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No reason to throw forevers around. Your sister will presumably come around eventually. She's throwing "gay" in your face not because it's wrong, not because it's something to be ashamed of, but because she thinks it's a sore spot. (And it probably still is, even if it's not as sore as she'd hope.) Next time you hear her talking and heading in that direction, don't bother listening to the words. Listen to what's behind them. Ask yourself, "Why is she saying this? Is she trying to make herself feel better by pulling me down?" If you recognize that, it should make handling her comments easier.

Oh, and thank your mother, and give her a hug. She sounds cool. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Gumtree

QFT!!

All she wanted was a reaction, she knows picking on you about your sexuality will give her that reaction. Don't give her that satisfaction and you will more then likely discover she has no problem with it at all!

Good luck :grin:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Your sister sounds very immature and is just throwing around words she thinks might hurt you. Don't let her get to you. You said the right thing when you told her you were proud of who you are.

6. Louise

If you can't rise above these spiteful comments you could join her with a stinging remark like, 'maybe I'm not perfect but at least I don't deliberately hurt people's feelings'

Of course she is being spiteful because she gets a reaction out of you, maybe she is jealous of the attention you homosexuality got when you first came out, of course your parents would have been concerned, of course there would have been discussions about you. It seems that you sister wants all the limelight and can't bare to think of your parents discussing anyone but her!

Let's hope that this is just her immaturity showing through and not her true nature!

7. Grof142007

what is QFT

8. Extreme26

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When arguing with your borthers and sisters, insults will be thrown often about you and things that aren't normal about you, to them anyway. Whether that be having a big nose, being fat, being gay. They will say whatever it takes to get a reaction and try to hurt you! You handled it really well though!

(Don't know where big nose came from, first thing that came to my head!)

9. interstella

"quoted for truth" i think

10. total mo

total mo Guest

I think you should be more sorry you have a bitch for a sister.

11. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Sorry about your sister's comment (*hug*), but I'm glad that your mum was angry with her.

But like others have said, siblings fight a lot, and your sister may just be picking up on one of your vulnerabilities - and you did the right thing by being proud of it, and therefore eliminating it as one of your vulnerabilities!! How old is she? Whilst this probably doesn't make you feel any better, it may well just be sibling-fighting, and she will probably come round. If she doesn't, there's nothing you can do really - but I wouldn't worry about it just yet, but you're perfectly in the right to be annoyed!!

12. puppysquisher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Did you really need to post something like that? Regardless of what you think you should'nt be saying crap like that about someones siblings.

13. Thanks everyone, my sister is 13 and as of now I am still not speaking to her. All I want is a heart-felt apology and I will talk again, but the thing that gets me is she still thinks she has done nothing wrong. but maybe she might realize it but so far she has just told me she is happy that she dosen't hear my voice.

14. Thatsit

Well, she is only 13, she will probably (hopefully) later realize how wrong she was and regret saying it, even if she doesn't admit it.
    It kind of sounds like to me that you did something she didn't like, maybe its just because you're gay, idk
    I wouldn't worry about it too much(*hug*)
    Also, your mom sounds cool and caring:thumbsup:
    I could also jokingly give you ideas to what to say back to her, but i dont want to give you any bad ideas lol

15. Tim

Tim

She's only 13. That's a weird age for girls and boys, as you should know. However, you handled it right. When she gets older, hopefully she'll start thinking for herself, rather then what she has been taught. For instance: My sisters were like her when they were younger, as we were all brought up in a church environment. But we all started thinking for ourself, I came out, and they both accepted it (one faster then the other, but still).

16. SlickyPants

It's the imperfections that make us who we are, they make us stand out, they make us unique. The world would be a terribly dull place if everyone was 'perfect.'

17. She is a stupid little bitch! I just got in another arguement with her because she still thinks it is ok to say something like that. She said it was ok to say that bcause it is not like someone else won't tell me that. Then she told me that she is making me stronger.Also, She has threatened to tell everyone at school. And that im going to hell, I can't deal with her anymore. Now she is gone and im afraid she will hurt herself. Because i had to tell her that the world is not that wonderful place. I was yelling at her that not even my friends will accept me.

18. Trumpetplyer23

Wow, this pretty messed up. No offense.

Maybe you should tell your parents some of the things she is saying, and how it makes you feel. Every thirteen year old is afraid of their parents, to some degree.

19. LOVEjames

Being more of an offensive person, I'd tell her that the fact that she's an ignorant bitch is more of an imperfection than your love for the superior sex. <3

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Lesbians don't kill me, now.

20. Trust me, I gave her hell, i'm suprised that the neighbors didn't hear us. I talked to my parents and they don't know what to do with her. So as of now she is not allowed to do ANYTHING! No phone, friends, or freedom.