1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bible Study

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yesterday I was approached by two guys who invited me to a bible study. I was half asleep with my head in the New York Times at the time so I wasn't really thinking straight. They asked me my name and asked me a bit about how much I have read the bible etc. I have never really read the bible and my family while christian doesn't really go to church. They then started to take a personal interest in me and tried to get me to go. They told me it would be tomorrow at 7. I told them that was a little late for me and they then offered to just meet up in the local coffee shop and study there at 5.

I just wanted them to leave so that I could sleep, but being rude goes against my personality so I just agreed to try and go. They then asked for my number and like an idiot I agreed and gave them it. Obviously I doubt these people will be very open to the idea of me being gay, but I really don't care. I just prefer to avoid conflict and I wish they would leave me alone, but I know if I don't go they will call me and want to know why and if I just come up with an excuse they will keep pestering me to go.

I am not going to be going to the bible study tomorrow since my boyfriend asked me to hang out and that is definitely going to be way more fun than bible study, but I just don't know what to say to them. I am sure people are just going to tell me to tell the truth since I don't really know these people, but I just can't because as much as I hate to say it I am desperate for friends.

2. Vampyrecat

Just tell them something came up. They'll understand.

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The next time someone who you don't want to know your number asks you for your number, tell them it's 555-EFFU.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Oh. Your in a great situation. Don't meet them.

Answer the phone, stating a business name. Something interesting, like maybe a plumber, with your slogan of "Your shit is my bread and butter". They'll get the hint (or at worst they'll have some blocked drains that you'll need to attend to)