1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice to give to a friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starlight, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Starlight

Starlight Guest

Need some on advice on 'open relationships'

First of all, this is for a friend and not me :dry:

One of my gay friends is having an "open" relationship with another guy apparently they both agreed that they would tell each other if they were going to sleep with another guy. But apparently he slept with someone and my friend didn't find out untill a few days later, which led to an argument between them.

He has found out albeit by looking over a few emails between this guy and one of his friends and feels that from what he read he wasn't sorry and felt that my friend is out order.

He's currently in two minds about what to do...

And to be honest I don't have any experience with open relationships. So any advice, that would be ideal for me to give him would be great :icon_wink

#1 Starlight, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  2. Louise

Is far as I can see there really is only one thing to do. Your friend must talk to his b/f and maybe reset the limits. There is obviously some confusion over what is acceptable or not. Is snooping through someone's e-mails acceptable for example?

If there is no trust in a relationship it will not go far. If your friend is snooping through other people's e-mails it doesn't sound to me as if he is very happy with this agreement of and open relationship. He needs to think long and hard about what he really wants, what he can accept and then he needs to talk it through with his boyfriend.

3. Starlight

Starlight Guest

Thank you Louise :wink: