1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! i want to help my gf to come out to her parents!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ladyneko13, Jun 18, 2013.

1. ladyneko13

:help::bang::kiss:ok. my gf's dad and bro are really homophobic, but my parents wont let us date if she's not out to them (she's 14 and im 15). her mom is perfectly fine w\ lgbt people, but her dad is the one who would prob\ never let us see eachother again if he found out that he has a bisexual daughter who is dating her lesbian best friend.

2. Can she come out just to her mom?

3. EarthBound

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm curious as to why your parents are making that a precondition...

Anyways, I have digressed. As hawaiinflower mentioned above could it be possible if she just came out to her mom? I generally hold the view that coming out should be done on one's own time and not prematurely forced by another's hand. If she wants to come out it seems like just telling her mom could be the way to go for now. Hope things turn out alright!

4. ladyneko13

:tears:her mom will tell her dad, and her dad will freak out.

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2013 at 10:49 AM ----------

:tears:her mom will tell her dad, and her dad will freak out.

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2013 at 10:53 AM ----------

:dry:and she does want to come out, she's just been asking me for help

5. EarthBound

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't mean to imply that you were forcing her so I apologize. I simply put that tidbit in there to cover all avenues. If her mom is undoubtedly going to tell her dad then there your hands might be tied for how much you can help her. Perhaps your girlfriend could write a letter to her dad telling him she's bisexual. Sometimes it is easier to get everything out if we write it out instead of trying to say it in the spur of the moment. After she's written the letter, she could tell her mom in-person and ask her mom to give the letter to her dad?

The biggest thing you can probably do is just be supportive of her which I am sure you already are.

6. ladyneko13

i kinda like that idea, but idk. i guess we'll just see how things go. thanks earthbound.