1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I tried at least :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ritor365, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Ritor365

So lately I've been building up the courage to tell my mom about me being bi and all (only my friend knows; he's fine with it), and the other day I was all set to tell her, the words on the tip of my tounge, gleam in my eye, stride in my walk--

And then vomit in the toilet :icon_sad: :bang:

So advice is needed; how do I tell my mom without...puking on her I guess lol. She's pretty cool with all LGBT stuff, and has some gay friends, but I'm worried she might change her feelings once her son comes out to her :/

Help please :c

2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe do it in a letter so you don't have to say the words. Maybe in an email so once you hit send there's no turning back. I've told 3 ppl, 2 had to be in text and one I was drinking big time so had the liquid courage hahaha. In person is not easy, so electronic or hand written methods are quite acceptable and just as good at getting the job done.

3. Ritor365

Yeah, I've tried to do the email thing a couple of times, but I chicken out and end up deleting it :eusa_doh:

I'm never too good with serious situations, and I really don't want it to be really awkward, so maybe if I do something really silly to tell her? Has anyone ever come out with your friend there to give you support? Because that's what I'm considering possibly...

4. EarthBound

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It can be hard even if you think the person will be accepting of you so you aren't alone in having this problem. You could always try having your friend there to give you support. I personally cannot testify to any personal experience with such a situation, but I am sure he could possibly help you get the phrase out if you seemed to be stumbling around. I don't see any harm in asking him if he would be willing.

Alternatively, you could go back to the email writing idea and have your friend submit the email. You can write it while he is with you and then he does the rest. Since you're 17 I am going to assume you are in high school so perhaps there is a counselor at your school you could confide in and seek help?

5. Martjain

I support the idea of writing or email since it's a whole lot more impersonal.
    Although I'd like to introduce you to the bitter fact that you may not be as ready as you think, since you puked...
    You may feel ready, but if you can't say it or puke before facing your mom you may not be. Just don't rush yourself.
    Hugs!

6. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Puking is not so bad, it conveys your stress level better than tears or an exclamation point.

If you vomit you are being honest.

As a parent... If my son was so upset he vomited he would have 110% of my attention and support.