1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I just 'came out (in an indirect manner)' to one of my friends.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TSN2012, Jun 19, 2013.

1. TSN2012

If you have read my past posts, you'll know that I have only come out to two people, my dad and my brother. When I came out to them, I made it official. I told them in a very serious manner that "I'm gay."
    However, I had this female friend at school (whom I know support gay right because she was talking about how stupid Mitt Romney is for not supporting gay marriage) and since I am really close to her, I decided that I should be a bit more open to her. So over the past few weeks, I decided to, not exactly "come out", but give her very obvious hints. I do not want to directly say "I'm gay" to her because like many of you know, saying those actual words can be extremely difficult. And also, saying "i'm gay" makes it sound too official and I do not want to make it 'official' to any of my friends....yet. So I sometimes say things like, "oh my god that guy (one of the kids at our school) is so hot" or "Andrew Garfield is soo cutee" (when we saw the Amazing Spiderman trailer on TV). She would then say things like, "I know rightt" (but when I first called a guy hot, she definitely had that confused and perplexed look in her eyes). Then jokingly, I would say "this is between the two of us :wink:" and she would nod and we would 'fist bump.'
    Soo, I guess you could say that I have 'come out' to three people? Basically, I just want to know, have any of you done something similar to this?

p.s. I tried to do the similar thing to my guy 'friends' and their first reaction was "dude what the f:***:k? Are you :***: gay or something?" so i panicked and quickly backed off. "No pff I'm just kidding, you guys stupid or something?" Then they looked at each other and i was just there like :eusa_doh:

2. Corradino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I can't say I have ever done this, but I know many who have. I think it's a good way of easing you into a situation and assessing how your friends may deal with the fact.

To be honest, if your friend is already for gay rights I would just pluck up your courage and tell her...you have nothing to lose :slight_smile:

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Unless you are really sarcastic all the time, I don't think she could not have fiugred out your gay after such remarks.

Thing with (heterosexual) guys is that most of them don't really want to know about which men are hot, so that might not be the best way to come out to them.

4. TSN2012

@Corradino Hi! I think you are right about how I should say it directly to her already. Since I'm actually graduating from high school in six days, I might as well come out to all of my friends? :S I don't know, we'll see.

@Linthras "Thing with (heterosexual) guys is that most of them don't really want to know about which men are hot, so that might not be the best way to come out to them." Absolutely :S I don't think that I will every give compliments to some random guys in front of my male friends ever again. Lol.

5. Corradino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What have you got to lose? :grin:

6. Sadepeura

I have done this to a guy friend, but then I later had to come out to him again, because he had forgotten about it, or just had not realised. We went to see the film Friends with Benefits and I commented on how hot she (Mila Kunis) was in it, and he assumed that I was talking about Justin Timberlake. After a minute though, he realised that I had said "she" and looked really confused. But turns out he didn't picked up on it. I brought it up casually like that about 3 times and once even took him to a gay club. I sincerely hope he has figured it out by now, but I'm not sure if he has. :grin:

#6 Sadepeura, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  7. nostreborem

Yep i have, myy female friend and I were discussing Manga and she brought up Hetalia, and i asked what it was about(still don't really know) and she said "COUNTRIES BEING GAY WITH EACH OTHER" then i was like "interesting i might have to check it out, but don't tell anyone :wink: " then she moved onto talking about yaoi and i said what are some of her faves and if she had watched Junjo Romantica and she said no to the Anime and then asked if i was gay and of course i replied "yes, but don't tell anyone please" and she responded with "it's okay i am lesbian, i have a girlfriend and everything xD " by now i was stunned at how i didn't notice it before xD

8. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i tolled my best frend about it by telling him if he gesed i wald honistly say yes or no and told him to pay close close atinshon to haw i act he figerd it out in a day