1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Not myself, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Not myself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello my name is Tim and I am sixteen years old and will be a junior in High school this coming fall. I didn't really come to terms with my sexuality until 9th grade, before then I tried not to acknowledge it. I am gay and a part of me wants to be open about it but the other part of me is very afraid of the outcome considering the circumstances. I'm afraid because I go to an all boys catholic school and some of the kids there I'm sure would make fun of me. Some of my "friends" already taunt me for what they call "gay" qualities but I can't help it and they make me want so desperately to be someone else. I'm scared of losing friends and family members too. I honestly have no clue about my parents view on gay people so I just don't know what to do. I don't know wether or not to come out. There are some people at school I know would still be my friend but others I'm not too sure. Can anyone give me some advice?

2. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had the same problem (went to public school). Best bet would be to discuss it with trustworthy friends. It's really miserable to live in a world where you're always looked down upon. I can tell you now this ain't going to be easy for you, but you have everyone here if all else fails. ^_^ We won't judge you. I can't speak for your friends, but from experience all of my (true) friends know and accept me.