1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem coming out to my brother/cousin/best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Split Arrows, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Split Arrows

My cousin and I grew up together, practically in the same house and became good friends as adults, so this whole thing is regarding that person. Knowing his personality, only a face to face is going to get anything across, but he is not very accepting of anything that doesn't fit in his world view. I am afraid to tell him, because I think he might never speak to me again, but I don't wasn't to hide from him any longer. What should I do?

2. KnownSecret

I am pretty much in the same boat as you with my cousin, I literally have lived with my cousin for a couple of years and for him to disown me would break my heart because he really has helped me out in life. I think you should wait until you see fit, that's what I'm doing and it's understandable how you are feeling sometimes I just want to tell him but then I think of him never speaking to me. If you and him are good friends like you said maybe he will accept you? My cousin might accept me as well, even though he has homophobic tendencies and he is really judging! But who knows maybe both our cousins will surprise us! Good luck!

~Zack~