1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaching a stalemate in coming out! Where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sully, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Sully

I've hit a bit of a wall in coming out. So far four people know that I'm gay, all friends. I've lost all desire to come out, I just can't be bothered. I guess I need to just push through. EC has been a great tool for pushing me off the edge, but now it just seems to easy to come here and complain without actually making any steps to come out.

It sounds so simple when I say to myself, 'I just need to come out to these people.', now that feels so distant, it's just so much effort, so much stress for something so minor especially when I know all my friends are fine with gay people (large number of LGBT in my friendship group/school year level, about 8-10).

Urgh. The only way I can describe it, is that it's like when you leave a balloon inflated for too long and it starts to get all flat, deflated and wrinkly.

[​IMG]

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

You don't need to come out to anyone.
    Just be yourself and if you get into a relationship people can figure it out for themselves.
    I never 'come out' to anyone anymore.

3. Sully

Thanks but I guess that although this might be the case for some, I feel like there are certain people that I need to come out to for me to move on. I think that most the reason for this is that I 'played it straight' for 19 years, and some of the people I'm out to had NO idea that I was gay (one of those people is gay so he was super surprised). So I don't feel like I can all of sudden just act gay and hook up and leave friends thinking WTF!

4. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Why not?
    It's not like you've comitted a crime or anything.
    Also how would you 'act' gay? It's a sexual orientation not a behaviour.
    Are you perhaps concerned your friends will leave you for being gay?

5. Sully

Not at all, that yeah isn't even possible :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hooking up/getting into a relationship would probably classify as acting gay...or a gay act at least :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: