1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im very confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kawaki, Jun 21, 2013.

1. kawaki

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    so well the tittle pretty much says it I always thought I was straight cause I thought that was it. so I started dating this one girl but are relashionship wa strictly mostly friendly. On my part, I never truly had any attraction but I still saw that she was beautiful. I thought at first maybe it wasn t the right one that s why I couldn t feel anything sexual towards her. But then, well, we broke up and since I haven t be dating or looking for any girl in particular. I can look at a girl and see her beauty. On the other hand, when I look at men Im unsure of what I feel.*When I see to men kissing either in a movie or whatever I can t stop feeling aroused.But at the same time, I don t see myself in their shoes. Bottom line Im just very confused and I don t know what to do from here to confirm what sexual orientation I have. Thank you for taking the time to read this
    Kawaki

2. kawaki

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I just realized I put this in the worng section but oh well

3. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

Hi! Here's my two cents. Before I accepted my own orientation, I convinced myself that an appreciation for aesthetic beauty was the same as attraction. I can look at a girl and tell if she's beautiful, even if I don't have any interest in her sexually. However, I never seem to pick out the same girl for "prettiest in the room" that my straight friends do. I don't know what that means.

No one can tell you what your orientation is, that's something you have to figure out for yourself. But i can tell you that, yeah, it's not always that easy. Many people assume they're straight and simply think whatever feelings of friendship/appreciation for aesthetic beauty they have towards women are attraction. I dated one guy who turned out not to be gay in the end, which actually was a relief for me because the date went terrible, and that meant I could stop blaming myself. Off topic, sorry.

Anyways, Just take some time, do some soul searching, and don't try to convince yourself you're anything you're not. Once you know, you'll know.