1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friends tomorrow

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Noivern, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Noivern

Noivern Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am coming out to my friends through text tomorrow. I have the whole text written out and all need to do is to press send. I think that all of them will be ok with it, but I am meeting up with them on sunday and I don't want things to be awkward. Also, one of my friends has a big mouth and she is friends with people I don't like. I only want my friends and family to know at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if she told them, and then they told everyone else. That reason is the main reason why I am a bit hesitant of coming out to my friends. Even if I say don't tell anyone, I wouldn't be surprised if she does because she is good friends with them.

Another thing is that it is gay pride tomorrow and I am going to a gay bar for the first time. That is part of the reason why I am coming out tomorrow because I don't want other people to come out for me. I know that people who know me will be going there as well. One of them will be a friend of my friend's boyfriend. I want to invite some of my friends with me tomorrow, but I don't know how to bring it up. Sorry if it sounds stupid, but I am really bad with things like these :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Any advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

Something about coming out is that if you have chatty friends, it'll spread. There's nothing you can do about that. A lot of people will hear it before you tell them. If you only want a few specific people to know, the best way to do that is to confide in each person individually, and make sure they understand you don't want it spreading. A mass text implies you want the world to know.

3. BlueSupernova

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah from this experience I know its hard to press the send button..... that bloody stupid button goes from being something you use everyday to, like, the button in charge of blowing up the world. But believe me, afterwards, once you send it, it will be a major weight off your chest. :slight_smile: