1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my sister?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by clockworkfox, Jun 21, 2013.

1. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like to think that if I can come out to anyone in my family, it might be my sister. She's very much a zero-conflict, love and let love kind of person. But I don't know how to come out to her.

What if she's not cool with it at all? What if she outs me before I'm ready?

If she's there to support me, I think she'll be invaluable to have on my side when I finally come out to my parents.

2. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If she is that type of person, then I say go for it.

I may come out to my sister soon. I'm thinking I'll go with the word vomit approach.

"I'M A LESBIAN! Would you like some tea?"

3. RainbowMan

Me and my sister had a very thoughtful, very difficult (for me) phone call. It lasted about 90 minutes, and I just laid everything on the table. Might not work for everyone, but is sure did for me.

4. NightGrazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The first (and only) person I have come out to is my sister, I simply told her that I think I might be gay, sometimes saying you think you are can lessen the blow on them. We were sitting playing her xbox at 12:30 in the morning eating doritos soon after christmas so we were both happyand i couldn't stick not blurting it out to anyone! :icon_bigg anyway she took it really well! I think you should tell her as long as you are comfortable doing so!