1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's make it a 5th?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretlyASloth, Jun 23, 2013.

1. SecretlyASloth

Ok. So right off the bat I'll tell you the most interesting things that are probably important to know: I am going into high school next year, and I want to tell my best (male friend) that I'm gay.
    I'm sure he's supportive, and he kinda flirts with me unintenionally...wait that was besides the point.
    Reminds me - I used to (still not sure about it) have this huge crush on him....I had it reeeeeaaaaaaaallly bad. Then he got a girlfriend and I kinda started to lose hope. We're still basically best friends though.
    Here's the thing: I think he might be gay and not know it. I know it sounds farfetched and maybe influenced by my previous feelings (which it might), but other people also think so. It's just his tendencies...if that makes sense at all. I'm not talking stereotypes as in like he loves shopping (which he does) and he talks in a certain way (check) and he has an obsession with his hair (bingo)....it's just the way he carries himself. He and I get really silly together and we make each other laugh a lot.
    Just realized that was irrelevant, but anyways.
    Do I tell him? I know he's supportive of homosexuality and stuff, but just...I plan on telling him in person. (all the other people I've told has been through email, text, etc.) Do I wait until he asks me something like "Oh do you have a crush?" or should I just drop it on him? Thanks so much for any advice you can give, I sort of have no clue what to think about this.

2. SecretlyASloth

Wait I sort of realized that this was a pointless question and thread; nevermind.

3. Amerigo

no sloth is a pointless sloth

*hugs* there, there

as for your questions, i'm the worst person to come to for relationship advice. hopefully this post will act as a *bump* for other respondents.

4. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Telling him in person will give you a chance to try to see how he reacts.

I am waiting to tell someone until I can do it in person. Not a crush mind you, but someone I am close to.

5. Plutanan

I think you have the right idea in telling, BUT don't hold out for the chance that he is gay. I don't know him in person, so I can't say, but it could probably just be the fact that you see certain 'tells' and want to believe he's gay. I've never had it to the extent you've had, but there's been guys recently who I thought "I wonder/wish they're gay."

Luckily, it sounds like he'll be supportive and that seems good enough reason to tell him. I still haven't told my best friend and it's because I'm worried it will affect any potential relationship (we like each other a bit; I just didn't want to be in a relationship while I was trying to figure myself out).

Best of luck to you! And regardless of what happens, you have our support!

6. SecretlyASloth

Thanks everyone for the advice!

7. Candace

Tell him how you feel. If here were gay as well...he might say the same thing...who knows?

Trust me, I've told my best (guy friends) that I'm gay and they all took it well (and still treat me the same. Good luck to you man :slight_smile: (*hug*)

8. SecretlyASloth

Well he does have a girlfriend. But his girlfriend often complains to me (his best friend) that they don't do a lot.

What my next question would be is probably, how would I come out to him? I don't want it to be really awkward sit-down type thing.

9. Candace

Facebook message! or chat.

It'll avoid all the drama and heartache. You'll have time to prepare what you need to say.