1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yay! My exercise regime is working!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

For about 3 weeks now, I've been doing 10 minutes on my Mum's exercise bike every day. And I think I've already noticed a difference. I find it easier than I did at first and I think I've lost some puppy fat :grin:

This is great for me, because sport is definately my weak point. I have a high metabolism and always used to be skinny when I was small, but a while ago I suddenly developed a load of teenage puppy fat :icon_sad:

But I got tired of being so unfit, so I decided to set myself a small manageable target and work on it. I have forgotten some days but I just bounced back again and didn't let it get me down. And it does wonders for the self-confidence! :icon_bigg

2. Fiorino

Yay! KUDOS! (*hug*) (*hug*)
    Keep it up!

3. total mo

total mo Guest

Good for you! Do you need any advice or support? :slight_smile:

4. Thatsit

I'm glad your work is paying off

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Heh, this is more of a "yay something's going right in my life!" thread. Maybe it can support others in similar positions. But for now, just a "yay well done" is all I want :icon_wink

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

yay well done :]

7. Defraction

Wow, 10 minutes per day for 3 weeks? That's some quick weight loss.

Your high metabolism probably attributes to that though. :grin:

But good for you!!!

(( BTW I lol'ed at "developed a load of teenage puppy fat". Because I'm cool like that. ))

8. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

thats great!...keep it up!...you should try using a water bottle and use that while your biking.....having water available enables you too bike longer and drink water when you get thirsty...also try to eventually step it up to 30mins each session...you will really see results much faster then...i forgot where i read it ..but..it said...healthy americans should try to get 30mins of exercise each day or somthing like that ...if you cant do 30mins right away...try to work up to getting to 30mins...like add another 5mins to your workout after each week of training... until your heart, lungs, and legs gets stronger ...then keep adding another 5mins on their until you get to 30mins eventually...then start doing 30min bikings....just a half an hour acouple times a week will get you in shape...you could even start lifiting small weights too! weight training and cardio combined burn alot of calories!:lol:

9. biisme

that's awesome!!!! i don't have that kind of resolve

10. CrimsonThunder

Excellent work, thats the attitude people need to lose weight/get healthier!

11. Micah

Good on you! :slight_smile:

12. Tim

Tim

ON you? :confused:

Anyways, Good job arn =D Hope it continues well for you :slight_smile:

13. Louise

Yey, good for you. I know excercising insn't always easy. I have a dog so if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to walk her I look at her little face full of hope for her walkies, I manage to ignore it for a bit but then she starts to whine, her eyes full of hope/reproach and of course I give in. Great way of getting excercise come rain or shine... damn dog!

You don't even have the reproachfull eyes of a dog to get you motivated so double YEY GOOD ON YOU!

14. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great, keep it up :thumbsup:

15. Quitex

Quitex Guest

yay!!! (!)

PS. how you do it? *cries*

16. davo-man

Good on you. It's great to see someone with the willpower to work at their target and not let little slip ups let you down!

17. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I thought I wouldn't be able to do it, because I just get so damned bored during exercise. I can't cope with the boredom, I have some kinda mild ADHD probably :lol: But keeping to just 10 minutes at a time makes it a lot more manageable. And the more I do it, the better my resolve comes, so my discipline's improving too.

I do walk to school and back 5 times a week, which is about a mile in 15 minutes, but apart from that and this, I don't really do regular exercise :S But as you say, andrewrn2bsoon, if I can keep this up for a while longer maybe I'll increase it to 15 minutes. I'm just glad to have got a hand on the first rung of the ladder :grin:

For those of you who also find it hard, I've found that the best way to get through the 10 mins is to utilise some of these techniques:
    • have some fast chirpy music playing on repeat
    • have a non-food related prize afterwards, like a TV program that begins when you're scheduled to end
    • have just been reading a book or doing something you can think about while you exercise
    • have just masturbated (lol that sounds dreadful, but actually it can really give you a boost of energy :grin:)
    • have something to look at while you work, whether it be a painting or a video or some flowers
    • have a role model to imagine, a friend or a celebrity or whoever, who you know does sport and you would like to be more like, and visualise them while you work out

18. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao:

or maybe your non-food related prize could be that you masturbate afterwards...as a relaxing exercise :grin:

19. HalfInsane

Nice to hear. I know from experience that it can be really hard to get into exercising when you're not used to doing it at all...

and this thread completely reminds me of how I really need to get back in shape. I actually used to jog for an hour a day, as well as doing 100 crunches and 50 sit ups. Now doing that'd kill me.

Anywho, best of luck with your exercise regime!

20. total mo

total mo Guest

Okie dokie, yay for you!