1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big.. sort of weird.. crush?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Evanfan, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Evanfan

okay.. well i'm in the seventh grade.. and.. erm.. i'm 13.. my math teacher (a guy) is 25... and i sort of have.. well a weird crush on him.. because i really liek him and all.. i mean.. i have dreams about him.. and like.. dreams of both of us together.. like walking around and stuff (no nothing sexual) and like.. well.. kissing.. and like.. i cant help but think that he acts a bit weird around me.. when i went to parents night the other day i went to his room so he could talk to my mom about this honors program thing... and when i was going in he looked at me sort of like saying "omg i didnt expect to see you here.. why r u doing this to me" or something.. sort of trying to tell me something... and idk what it really meant.. but.. like.. yeah... idk what i should do about this i mean.. im not gonna tell him i liek him cuz then he'll probably be totally freaked out ad stuff and i'll feel like an idiot.. cuz well he's 25... so like wow.. you know... idk what to do.... :confused:

2. Brandford

idk about this one

3. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

just what you said..he probably was like "omg what are you doing here? " because usually students dont go with their parents to teacher parents conferences (or atleast i dont think so, i never did, nor anyone i know did)...anyway..i would just keep your somewhat crush to yourself, not to be a dick or anything, i dont know what would happen if you told your teacher you had a crush on him...its natural at your age to have a somewhat liking or attraction to some authority figures in your life while growing up...

my advice is...just enjoy his class the most while you are their everyday...nothing more and nothing less...if you really wanted to tell him you liked him...i suggest saying somthing like this (sounds none crush like)...." mr xxxx....i think your really cool and a really good teacher!" or somthing like " mr xxx...i think your my favorite teacher...and i really enjoy your class the most"....just something along those lines...just saying...i like your class and i think your a great person...thats all...i dont think i would tell him i have dreams about him and you...he would probably tell the adminsistrator or somthing...just tell him you think hes really cool...thats all...hope it gooes well if you decide to do something similar to what i said...peace!:lol:

4. InaRut

Wow!
    This is a bit of a stickidty wicket now aint it?

I suggest you do not pursue this crush. The funny thing about crushes is that they come and go in what could seem like a flash. However, crushes have the horrible power to go Splinter Cell into your brain and change all your thoughts. So what would be logical thought changes into, "O-M-G maybe he likes me cause he gave me an A on my report." I say enjoy his class, tell him he's a great teacher (like what above poster said) but don't let this crush take you somewhere you don't want to go.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well the crush you have on teacher is pretty normal. You have to realize though that you can never act on it. You could get your teacher in big trouble if you did. Because you have these feelings for him and because you like him and respect him, please keep your feelings to yourself and just respect him as a teacher. As you mature, you will realize that this is just a crush. You'll develop relationships with people your own age. You don't want to get your teacher in trouble or make him lose his job.

6. Wired106

Hmm this is sort of hard just because he's a teacher. If you tell him, he won't be able to do anything about it even if he wanted to because he'd lose his job and go to jail and then have to register as a sex offender because your a minor and hes a 25 year old teacher. If I were you I wouldn't say anything to him or anyone else because you really don't know the way he will react and it won't do much good if you do tell him. But if things turn out alright then you might want to tell him if you really think its a good idea and things are going good.

7. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I second Becky completely. It is completely normal to crush on a teacher - heck, I did it plenty. However, the fact that you are of an age where you are crushing on someone does not necessarily mean you are ready for a relationship - and I would say this for all crushes, even if there isn't an age gap, and where one is not in a position of responsibility over the other.

It is a normal experience, but like everyone else, you will just have to wait until you are older, and meet someone your own age, and can form a relationship with them. If your teacher does have any sort of feelings for you (which, with no offence to you, I hope he doesn't), then it would be unprofessional, illegal, and, I believe, exploitative for him to pursue you in any way. He could get into serious trouble, and you could get hurt. So as Becky says, if you respect him as a teacher, keep your distance. He could get into very serious trouble, and the age gap combined with his position means that ant relationship would be unequal, illegal, and ultimately untenable.

But good luck getting over the crush - or enjoy the ride from a distance - we've all been there!!

#7 ccdd, Apr 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2008
  8. gayausdude

Hi Evanfan

I dont know if this helps but I thought Id give my input.

I work in a school (not a teacher, im a Network Admin) so I see the kids and staff enough to have seen this every day.

You will probably find your teacher has noticed that you "like" him, he may not have... but they usually can tell.

Professionally as a teacher, he should never act on this. so your crush, im sorry will have to remain a crush. for his and your sake.
    Ive never really spoke to teachers about what happens if they get told about a crush by a student. like whether they are ment to report it or what... maybe i should find out.. If I find out, i will be sure to get back to you.

Its unfair, and it has happened to all of us at one point or another. Mr right is out there for you... dont worry