1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out idea: is it a good one?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by emthreehearts, Jun 25, 2013.

1. emthreehearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, so I feel mostly ready to come out, but I don't want to do it right away. I thought I would slowly do it. Little by little showing everyone who I am. Is this a good idea or should I stay I'm the closet until I'm fully ready?

Thank you for the help!(*hug*)
    ~Emily

2. Fiddledeedee

It's a very good idea. :slight_smile: Few people, if any, come out all at once; it's often a process which can take days or weeks or months or years, as needed. Coming out little by little gives you more time to talk with people, build up your own confidence, and tell each person or group in what you think is an appropriate way.

~Elizabeth-who-was-almost-named-Emily!

#2 Fiddledeedee, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  3. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think that's awesome! I've been doing it slowly and carefully, and I've found that really helpful. If you don't make it a big, scary deal, others might not.

4. Ethan132

@OP Just take your time and I'm sure things will work out for you in the end. I'm going through some of the same problems if it makes you feel any better. Best of wishes ^_^
    ~Ethan

5. 2112

That's exactly what I'm doing. I think my parents already know, but before I tell them I want to remove all doubt :icon_wink

Basically the only thing I haven't done yet is actually told them, but I probably will within the next few days.