1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DormantOne, Jan 15, 2007.

1. DormantOne

Hey ya`ll, I am in need of some advice. I am gay (Wow, that is the first time I have -ever- typed that). I`ll try to explain my background before I ask for advice. I live in the South(U.S), and I am still in the closet. I apologize in advanced if this post seems incoherent, I've never told anyone that I am gay...thus I have never had any means of venting my problems. Anyways :slight_smile: Like I mentioned, I am still in the closet. I am sure some people believe I am gay, and I've been called gay by ignorant hicks before (though I convinced them that I wasn't). I have never had a girlfriend, and I am so tired of not having someone special. I've considered getting a girlfriend just to "cover up" until I am ready to come out of the closet. Is this wrong to fool with the emotions of a girl, just for the sake of a lie?

Up until recently, I had believed that I would remain in the closet the rest of my life, even at the expense of my happiness. However, that isn't fair to me... and I know one day that I will come out. My family are all Christians (for the most part), and that makes this much more difficult. Living in the South, one could imagine the type of discrimination a homosexual/bisexual (or anyone different in general) would face.

Anyways, I`m sorry to those of you who read this... it's late and I am confused :frowning2:

2. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel living in the south. I live in the fucking bible belt. I know how annoying it gets at times. I say you shouldnt do that to a girl. But instead find someone (preferably a girl) and comeout to them. Do you have a best friend?