1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A though just crossed my mind

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxMMxx, Jun 25, 2013.

1. xxMMxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My best friends girlfriend is away for a few days this weekend and I will be staying over there. It's going to be one of those get pissed weekends but I realised this is the prefect opportunity to tell my parents in a letter that I'm gay as I will be able to be out of the house for a few days to let them cool off. The only thing I am worried about is that I still live at home and while I assume my parents will be supportive I don't know for sure. I don't want to go home and find out they want me to leave. Although they did not kick me out when I was off my head on drugs all day every day so how they could kick me out over this I don't know but I am still worried. What I would like to ask is if anyone has any tips on how to start this letter as I am very poor at expressing myself. Thanks for reading this.

2. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should start the letter by telling them that you love them and by reassuring them that this is not a suicide letter.. just so they are not all stressed out when they read you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Naomilly92

Write them a letter or an email. You may find it easier that way. If you want to do it face to face, you may want to consider testing the waters

4. xxMMxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Valerie I will outline this at the start your right I don't want to worry them.

Naomilly92 I have tested the waters I'm not to sure where my parents stand on this but from the way my brothers talk I sense a lot of homophobia particularly from my older brother. This is the main reason I am worried about telling my parents as if my brothers find out I will be insulted constantly as none of the have a very good opinion of gay people and I fear I will become the outlet for their insults as I already have to bite my tongue when ever they start one of there rants about gay people. Which happens quite often.