1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i forget something?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EthanS, Apr 27, 2008.

1. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Ok.. I have this problem if some one says something or do something i dont like its sooo hard for me to forget it :[ , if i can do it it'l make my life alot simplar, ne advice?

2. Starlight

Starlight Guest

Focus on something else like crazy and you'll soon forget the other thing.

I'm the same, for a very long time, but if I focus on something for long enough that becomes my main focus and I don't think about anything else.

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yer but its at work n i seen them like nearly everyday n i Have to talk to them

4. Evanfan

just try to ignore what they say.. ti really shouldnt matter because you are the only one that can make you feel really bad... just when they say stuff be like... "nice good for you" and walk away.. then just think about something else.. it should work :grin:

5. Louise

Can you talk to the person about this situation?

6. Brandford

i usualy just repress memorys that i dont like to remember

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

noop, well theres this guy hu thinks he owns the place, he dnt like me i dnt like him, but hes kinda popular with the other people, and hes loud, I dnt like bein around his area, and i HAVE to go there.. the only solution i think is to get another job or il have to sort him out

8. Louise

Unfortunately if you are not in the 'in' persons good books it is difficult to become popular and be accepted by the others. Most people are sheep and will stay with the crowd even if they don't agree with it.

If you have the possibility of getting another job it is certainly a solution, not an ideal one but it will sort out this particular problem. It would be best of course if you could sort this guy out but it depends what his problems are with you and if it is worth the effort on your part. Without more information it is difficult to give advice.

9. EthanS

EthanS Guest

The guys full of him self, he takes da p*ss out of people

10. TeeBe

Animals help relieve stress- go play with your chinchillas!

(Or you can cyber-hug mine. I didn't tell you- I got a third! A white mosaic- she is beautiful!)

Everyone gets what is coming to them. When someone gets me steamed, I find that the only way I can forget it is to distract myself. Really, only time can make you "forget." This guy may be an *ss, but noone like to be around cruel people for long. In time, they will find themselves alone. Not much help right now, but at least the thought can make you feel better...?

11. Louise

Taking the piss out of others around you is normally the hobby of insecure people who need to put others down in order to feel good about themselves or make themselves 'clever' in the eyes of others. This constant seeking of approuval and aprobation of the people around him is actually quite sad.

If you look at his behaviour in this way it will take some of the sting out of what he says. If you are good with words just answer him back, if not try to think before hand of things you could say when he takes the piss. Irony and sacasme are usefull weapons against these sorts of people.

If you get the opportunity you could ask him what he gets out of putting people down but just remember taking the piss or putting people down is the weak insecure person's tool for feeling better. If you feel good about yourself you don't need to belittle those around you. Try feeling pity for this guy more than hurt and upset, he is not worth being upset about he is just a sad sack.

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

i'l try the feelin srry for him :]