1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely.. advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by elektrisk, Apr 27, 2008.

1. elektrisk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so basically I live in a 33k population town in Oklahoma. Crappy, right? Well, I live 30 mins away from Tulsa though. I'm totally out, but majorly lonely ): All of my past bfs have been long distance and I've only met one of them in real life. I want a bf in town or in a town that's like real close, but I don't know how to find one. I've been searching gay websites all day to no avail. Any suggestions please):?

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

no gay support in ur area?

3. Louise

Statisticly there is between 4 and 10% of the population who is homosexual, you CANNOT be the only one in your town and not the only one looking for some love. You could ask Becky if there is a Pflag group in your area, that would be a start, they would be able to put you in touch with the various gay support groups near you. Good luck.

4. Zak

Zak

Gosh Louise......every post i've make you have the same idea as me! Great minds think alike. :grin:

So, Beckyg should know if there is a PFLAG group in your town or in your area. GL :thumbsup:

5. elektrisk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who is Becky?

6. Alexander

that's her username and her real life name: becky :slight_smile:

since you live near tulsa, you could drive in for an event at the gay community center there:
    http://www.tohr.org

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You are in luck! There is a PFLAG Chapter in Muskogee! First, I'd get in contact with them and maybe go to their meetings. They might know of some other groups that have people your age! It doesn't say how old you are. Go to www.pflag.org and go to Oklahoma and you will find information about the Musokgee chapter. Good luck!

8. Paralyzer

^ Becky! READ please, or I'll have to pm you or something :slight_smile:

WOWOWOW, thanks to this thread, I just found a PFLAG (chapter) less than 5 miles away from my house! It's seriously like a 10 minute drive away and I had no idea..

Well, I've heard about the PFLAG thing a bunch but never really got interested in it until now, and instead of making my own thread, I don't think it'd matter if I just asked a few questions for the better-ment of this thread.. :grin: right?

I read about what it represents and everything but I don't understand what I do there. I checked google maps (satellite) and it's in a very residential area (meaning it doesn't seem like the kind of place I'd expect an orginization to be... there's no parking lot XD) Are pflag chapters set up in ordinary houses by random people? I'd feel awkward driving to someones house, knocking on their door.. and ask about pflag.. you know? Still, there's the fact that I don't know what to do. Do I have to sign up or is it an open house/forum like thing?

Regardless, I have the urge to just drive up there one day to atleast gaze apon the establishment. I only have a learner's though so I'd have to bring someone 18 or older with a license x_x

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Some of the meetings are very casual and at our people's houses. What you could do is call the infoline (most chapters have them) and ask if there is any young people that attend or if they know of any groups for younger people. Or maybe some of the members there have kids your age that you could meet. Then when you come out to your parents, you KNOW where to take them! Right? :grin:

10. Grantious

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ily Becky <3

Now to the point, small places would suck :-\, gay websites was a good idea I... You can just hope that you meet someone special in everyday life... And you're out that helps!, My first and only BF found me... on myspace of all places, you might get lucky ;-P

Newho GOOD LUCK *huggles
    Catch