1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by natasha jade, Jun 26, 2013.

1. natasha jade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i am bisexual but have never told anyone. i am scared that if i say something people will judge me. if anyone has any advice on how i am able to come out to my friends and family that would be great. i am tired of hiding who i am.

2. Batman is swag

Hi Natasha! Welcome to EC:slight_smile: You'll love it here...

Okay. So I've been in this situation before. I thought that I was bi (it turns out I'm gay, so not exactly the same situation, but whatevs(; ) I came out to my two best friends as bi and big brother as gay via text, because I was wayyyyy too scared to do it in person. They were all amazing about it, telling me that nothing had changed, and wondering what girls I thought were hot (lol). So I'd say that if you're scared, a text or a letter (or email, if you have it) is the way to go. I came out as gay to my mom via email. I can post a copy here if you want to see how I did it. She was also great about it.

Feel free to message me on my wall. =) I'm always up for questions and giving advice.

Hope to hear from you soon!

3. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I came out to a friend on text and my husband in person. In person is difficult. I am coming out to my older sister soon. I am waiting so it can be in person.

In person seems more personal, but text is easier.

good luck

4. Mdp

Mdp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You can always write it out, email, or any method you need to use. If you feel the need to write it out, it can be helpful because you will be able to make sure you word everything exactly as you want to. Then, you can also be there in person when you give them the note if you are able. I would recommend starting with someone whom you know will be supportive. A friend? a sibling? and then as you continue to get more comfortable, it will be easier to tell more people

5. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I came out to my counsellor, and that gave me the courage to tell my mother, then my best friends then the rest of my family. The news, unfortunately spread like wild fire. But I acted like I was cool with everyone knowing, and I accepted any joke and even made lots of jokes myself. This is very different to what some of my friends did when they came out. They go all defensive at every joke and they were teased for ages. However with my approach it was only news for about a week.
    There is always that risk that one of your friends will tell someone else like what happened for me, but if you are accepting, it'll all be fine.
    If If anything goes wrong, there are loads of kind friendly people on here who have been through the same thing. And we will all be supportive for you when we can.
    I hope that something I have said has been helpful.
    Annon xx