1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JakeHas, Jun 26, 2013.

1. JakeHas

So, I told my sister at one point that I was bi. BUT as time passed I pretty much officially knew I am gay. I really want to talk to her again about it and tell her I'm gay but I really don't know how to... I feel like it would be super awkward. I just don't know how to tell her, when or where. I was hoping you all could help me a out a bit :/
    Thanks

2. Mdp

Mdp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, I'm sure that if you already told your sister that you were bi and she was understanding, she will definitely be understanding with this as well. I think it's very normal to learn more about your sexual orientation as you get older. Seeing as you are 15, it really is normal that you have gone through the progression you have. I would say to tell her in anyway you feel comfortable. Whether you want to just ask her if you can talk to her about something, or you want to write it out, or any other way. It may seem a little awkward at first, but it will only get less awkward as time goes on and you may even find that it'll be much less awkward than your imagining and she will completely understand.

Good luck and congrats on coming to these new realizations in your life!

3. BlueSupernova

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, I'm in almost the exactly the same place as you. I told my two best friends I was bi, even though at the time I knew I was actually gay, because, well, I wasn't ready to tell them. But now I really regret it, because I wish I had told them the full truth and I want to show them who I really am. But if your sister was accepting and kind and understanding about you being bi, I know she would still be accepting and kind and understanding if you told her you were gay. I really honestly think this. Good luck, I hope this helped! :slight_smile: