1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to my brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kamina, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Kamina

I'm seriously considering coming out to my brother. We have a really good relationship, partly because we are only 1 year apart and share many of the same friends partly because we have very similar interests, but I'm still very hesitant. I think he would be okay with it after an undetermined amount of time but he tends to deflect awkward situations with humour and by avoiding them. I don't want him to make a joke and then walk on egg shells around me for an undetermined amount of time but I want to tell someone.

:lol: I never thought I would have this issue because I am a very personal, quiet, and reserved person offline. I didn't think I would want to come out until I was ready to come out to everyone.

Comments??

2. rjrh20

I am having the same problem, my brother and I 20 months apart and I don't know how he will react. I don't want to hurt our relationship because we are together all the time, but he deserves to know.

3. Batman is swag

OMG I had the same exact situation! I posted a thread on how it happened. I can repost it here if you want :slight_smile: Good luck! =)