1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boys with a huge amount of acne

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by total mo, Apr 28, 2008.

1. total mo

total mo Guest

There is this guy, who I have been eyeing for since last week, and I just got to know him a little better today. We're not boyfriends yet, but I have a feeling we will be soon, and because I want it to happen.
    So my problem is, he has an acne face. I am afraid that if we kiss, or get really close, I would contract his acnes, and I would also be an acne freak. I don't wanna refuse kissing him, because what good of a boyfriend would I be if we don't kiss at all. I couldnt tell him I dont want to kiss you coz you have an ugly face, because that is impossible. I really like this guy, but he has a terrible acne.

2. otc877

otc877 Guest

I'm pretty sure you're not going to "catch" his acne from a kiss, unless you decide to pop all of his zits and then rub it all over your face. Acne isn't an STD.

As for advice? Do you see this guy as a long term thing? Acne doesn't last a lifetime, it will fade eventually.

This reminds me of Cooties back in kindergarten.

Maybe you can wash your face extra well after you kiss him?

3. davo-man

Causes of acne:

Now, I don't know too much about acne, so I went to my trusted oft-used source, Wikipedia. From what it says on there, you can't catch it by kissing people with acne. It may feel a bit strange, however I think your skin is going to be okay. thank god for that.

#3 davo-man, Apr 28, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  4. total mo

total mo Guest

Thats good to know, but you're right, it would feel a little gross kissing people with acne. Just thinking of it.. but I like this guy, and knowing that it wont be caught by kissing, i won't let his acnes intimidate me. I will still kiss him! thanks for the advice.

5. Kat22

First of all, if you are calling him a "freak" behind his back, that's not being a good boyfriends anyway, so you don't really need to worry about kissing him.

I didn't have terrible acne in highschool, but I had it. I guarantee that none of my boyfriends got it when they kissed me. Some already had it, some perfectly clear faces. To people who have never had it, you can't understand the embarassment. You feel like that's all people see. It's something that no one can help, and usually completely fades away by about the age 20-23.

If you really like this guy, go ahead and kiss him. You will not contract his acne like a disease.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree. You have also indirectly insulted anyone here who suffers from bad acne.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Paul_Uk and Kat22 on this one. It isn't really nice to call someone an acne freak, even if it's indirectly and especially someone you think could be your boyfriend one day...everyone can get acne (although not by kissing someone who has acne)...it's just part of live. And besides, if you really like this guy, why does it matter that he has acne?

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Further to my previous posting....
    but I'm glad that you will not feel intimidated by the acne and that you've decided to kiss the guy anyways.

9. total mo

total mo Guest

I'm sorry, I dont mean to indirectly insult anyone here who's had acnes before, it was more like an expression, and I did say I won't let his acne intimidate me, so I really wasn't insulting anyone. If you were somehow offended by it, my sincerest apologies, Im sure I didnt mean it.

Anyways, I'll let you know if we end up together or not. But it's nothing really serious, I just want to have someone to hang out with all the time, I miss having a boyfriend.

10. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have it bad... now it has pretty much cleared up, but I still get some zits when I'm stressed (and I hate them with a passion).

There's this guy at college. He has a hot body and the cutest eyes, but the worst acne I've ever seen. Seriously, it looks like if something radioactive and corrosive at once had been spilled on his cheeks. I have never talked to him, but I think that if he was a really nice guy and gay (I'm sure he isn't), I'd seriously consider being his boyfriend. Acne doesn't look good but I wouldn't stop considering a person because of it.

I'd also recommend you to think about what you say. If I was in his place and read this thread, I'd probably: 1) have my self-esteem devastated, and 2) really, thoroughly hate you. Plus, as Paul said, that's an insult to anyone with bad acne.

#10 Miaplacidus, Apr 29, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  11. SamAlex728

I don't mind it. I actually find it cute. Why the hell would you get caught up on acne?

12. llenadepecas

i don't think what you think of this guy should be altered by what he looks like. i tink you may be being a tiny bit superficial. i don't really see what it has to do with anything. i used to have eczema on my face and it looked like acne or something simialr, and i'm really quite offended by the term "acne freak", as i can imagine the pain that that would cause

13. JSG

JSG Guest

I had pretty bad acne, and still do but its getting better, I started taking Accutane today, so things should get much better pretty soon. thankfully I only have a few spots on my face, most are on my back.
    No guy has ever been grossed out by my skin, true its not pretty at all, I hate it, but they got over it.
    I am not a freak !!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#13 JSG, Apr 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2008
  14. TyraBanksIsFierce

That's hot.

15. JSG

JSG Guest

hmmm
    Well I met a guy on the sister site with an acne fetish, he gave me loads of advice on how to get rid of it, but it didn't really work.
    Acne is def not my fetish... whatever rocks your boat !

16. Gumtree

MOTHER OF GOD!

NO NO STOOOOP!!!

Have you ANY idea of the side effects of Accutane?!!?!

Serious i beg you with ALL my heart to STOP taking Accutane until you have done some REALLY heavy research.

Accutane is a extremely high rate of causing infertility (i know some people here may not see that as a problem but u never know), Arthritis really bad in many joints, it's illegal for females to take in Australia!! The only guy that i knew took it for about 10 days before all the skin on his lips got so dry and cracked that they were bleeding.

It can cause serious permanent damage to SO many aspects of your body.

You're a really beautiful guy JSG and you do not need any Acne treatment ESPECIALLY not Accutane.

17. Louise

Don't worry I'm looking out for him. He has tried other treatments for 6 months now, the acne is better but still very prevalent on his back and chest.

You know acne hurts, there are raised red spots with pus and then another right next to it and one inbetween, sometimes there is barely any skin to see, just great big red hurty spots everywhere. When it gets to the point that when you move and the skin pulls across the raised and angry spots life is difficult to bear.

I got him the medication from the doctor and he does know what the side affects are. If I notice any changes in his behaviour I will stop him taking it but for the time being, he is ready to try just about anything. Sooo, here's hoping that he won't be one of the unfortunate ones who gets the worse side affects.

18. total mo

total mo Guest

Thank you for taking care of him Louise. We all don't wanna see Jsg having bad side effects. I hope he gets better soon.

Actually, when I saw him on webcam, he doesn't have any acnes at all. He was looking fiiiiine.

#18 total mo, Apr 29, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  19. Gumtree

Well I guess if you understand the risks involved and have done your research then I do not have to right to object, but watch him really closely as some of the side effects are very serious and permanent.

Well on the bright side, it is VERY VERY effective JSG, u wont have a single spot on your skin in about 2 months!

20. Camman3

The world needs more people like this ^...