1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling kind of hopeless and not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sammy1, Jun 27, 2013.

1. sammy1

Hello everyone!

So i dont know where to start my story so it may be a bit of a rant...anyways im almost 23 now and i still live with my parents which is depressing all on its own and i doubt they know im gay because i never told them even though they have asked me several times before and i always lied in fear of being rejected or watever else. And ive never dated ANYONE in my life because how would that even work? It would b very difficult im.sure. and i just feel so frickin lonely and i dont talk to anyone about what im.feeling and with everyday that goes by i feel more and more depressed. I just want someone to talk to because i feel so stuck right now like ill never meet anyone living in the closet in my parents house i dont know how much more i can take being single, it really sucks :icon_sad: i cant move out right now even if i lived on my own i dont know how or where to meet otherwomen. Im not sure if there is a question in this or not but i know that i cant stand to b alone anymore a

Thank u for reading and thank u to whoever comments!

2. Followyourlead

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know you probably dont want to hear this but you have to be happy and accept yourself....you cant expect someone to do that for you. It never works and Im speaking from experience. You will be okay and you wont feel the same way tomorrow feelings change all the time. You will get better and feel happy but its an inside job! Good luck!! Dont try to handle all your issues at once just try to work on one thing at a time.

3. DarkenedSoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know exactly how you feel. Really, I do. I'm 20 myself and also living at home, can't really date because of my dad either. It's depressing, yes, but you'll be a lot happier if you just accept yourself. I know I am. I may not be able to tell anyone really, but I do accept myself as a lesbian. And it does help.

4. sammy1

I do accept it but im scared of what my parents will think of me and everyone else and i know i shouldnt care but i dont know how to change it. So until i figure that out im in a lose lose situation and i dont even know any other lesbians in my town which makes it just that much more lonely for me. Thank u for replying :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2013 at 08:56 PM ----------

K not sure where my reply dissapeared to so ill just post it again...i do accept myself for who i am its just im afraid what my parents will think of me and everyone else and i know i shouldnt care but i dont know how to chang that right now and until i do im in a lose lose situation :frowning2: