1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Morale Support

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NoPlanB, Jun 27, 2013.

1. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, I'm gonna come out to my best friend tonight and I'm worried about chickening out. It'll be online, so I'll keep it short and sweet, but I need to make sure I actually do it.

I'm also worried that things will change between us next time I see him. Do you think it'll be weird next time we get together?

2. sammy1

Good luck i hope it goes well! And as for your question it all depends on the person in my opinion i know when i came out to my 3 friends nothing chaged because they were cool with it and there was no aqwardness

3. ChristianHipstr

I'm thinking about doing the same, except my friend is also my crush... But you have so much courage doing this :eusa_clap To answer your question, it really depends on who he is in the end. Although I know this is easier said than done, but any friend that doesn't accept you for you wasn't a friend in the first place. I wish you luck and hope he takes it well (*hug*)

4. Holly

Good luck! If he's a nice guy, I'm sure your meetings will be as normal as ever, I hope it goes well!

5. Ethan132

Good luck man, I hope it works out for the better. ^_^

6. Fiddledeedee

Best of luck, as others have said -- we're rooting for you!

Things might be weird next time you meet, and they might not. In case they are, it might be good to have something unrelated to focus on next time you meet so that you have a good topic if neither of you are sure of what to say, but (a) don't let that stop you talking about it with him and (b) that's just a random idea. If you act normally, it should be fine. :slight_smile:

7. Batman is swag

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)moral support granted. Good luck. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!! And if he's a true friend, nothing will change between you two bros. =))