1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DarwinsMagic, Jun 28, 2013.

1. DarwinsMagic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I`m a teenager going into my second year of highschool. I`ve had this friend for along time, and recently I`ve been thinking differntly about him. I find him more attractive these days [kinda], but I`m not sure about being gay. I have had a girlfriend before but I didn`t find what I was ″looking″ for. I`m not sure if I am gay or not, and I`m having a hard time accepting the fact that I might be.

2. DarwinsMagic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok, so what meant say is its not only just him i`ve been looking at other guys my age differently to. Noticing things i hadn`t before, like how nice of a body this one guy had, or how cute he looked with his hair pinned up. I`ve been acting weirdly around my friend and I`ve had these sort of dreams about him, but I`m kind of scared to admit I might be gay. I`m not sure... I`m just really confused...

#2 DarwinsMagic, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  3. RainbowMan

Confusion is normal and OK. You need to answer a few questions for yourself (and they sound easier than they are to answer):

1) Can you see yourself having sex with a man?
    2) Can you see yourself having sex with a woman? (note that these two questions are NOT mutually exclusive)
    3) Are you romantically attracted to women, men, or both?

The first step is accepting who you are, and figuring that out for yourself. These are hard questions, and no one can answer them except for you.

Have you talked to anyone (counselors at school, other friends, parents, whomever) about these feelings that you're having? They're perfectly normal and nothing to be ashamed of (again, easier said than acted on, I know from personal experience). However it is incredibly liberating and releasing to be able to talk about it with someone. Doesn't have to be your parents or anyone you're related to either. Find someone at school that you can trust to be accepting of you and not spread rumors at school, for instance.