1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am ready to come out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BiBi, Jun 29, 2013.

1. BiBi

BiBi Guest

I am ready to come out, finally. But what I want to know is, how can I say it to people calmly. I'm ready, but don't know how to do it. I'm a 12 year old Bisexual male, yes I know I lied about my age at registration, but I need the help, because I am truly ready. I'm turning 13 in October, though. I'm going to a camp in 10 days for my school band, and those are the people I trust the most. I'm ready to get this off my chest, and to have someone know.

I really want to come out, but alot of people in my school, especially the boys are the bad ones. I don't really care about the discrimination, but I just don't need it. I am proud of my Sexuality, and will not let anyone tell me otherwise. :eusa_naug

Also, one last question, is 12/13 too young to be coming out?

2. BiBi

BiBi Guest

Anyone wanna help?

3. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    12-13 is young to tell...the reason I am telling you this is because
    1-You want to be sure you are Bi
    2-You do not want people to tell you that you are too young to know/it is a phase

4. BiBi

BiBi Guest

I am for certain I am bi, and I know myself better than anyone.

5. homoboy22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    bibi im 12 too and im gay( im also male ) i still havent came out of my closet to my mom and dad. i think u can decide all by urself if u are gay or bi or stright! i will help u along the way if u want. oh and i also think u r brave i wouldent have the guts to post about my sexuality.

6. BiBi

BiBi Guest

Everyone here is all in the same boat, so I wouldn't expect any discrimination, besides its not like any of these people know me.

7. BiBi

BiBi Guest

So, what are some calm, good ways to come out to friends. Only friends, I'm not ready for family yet, probably not for a long time.

8. gayistheway77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just texted people cos I couldn't face actually saying it in person

9. BiBi

BiBi Guest

Oh, I can say it in person. I'm not ashamed of my sexuality, and if they can't handle it then they best suckered it up and leave me alone.

This is a message from Yahoo Answers I saw that was good advice:

First off, I'd like to begin by telling you that I'm also a 17 year old male that has dealt with my share of gender identity shenanigans.
    I'd like to urge you to be brutally honest with anyone you talk to. Anyone you consider a friend, is only worth being friends with if they will accept you as you are.
    If you are ready to 'come out' be ready for rejection, but also the possibility of a deeper understanding within a relationship.
    Having been there, I have shared my personal details with a lot of people... Some rejected me, but others accepted me and tried their best to assist me.
    When beginning a conversation with such gravity as the one you wish to start, consider you audience. If you're talking to a friend, be COMFORTABLE. They know you, and they already love and accept you. Begin with, "there's really something that I'd like to share with you." Or, "could you help me deal with something that has been on my mind for a few years."
    Then, let your heart lead you on your way.
    I guarantee if you are honest and open minded about yourself with others, you will begin to feel secure and safe again.

That sounds like good advice.

---------- Post added 29th Jun 2013 at 01:00 PM ----------

Suck it up* Stupid autocorrect.

---------- Post added 29th Jun 2013 at 01:07 PM ----------

Also, if I were to come out with speaking from the heart (making it up as I go), I'd probably say something like "Hey Bradley/persons name here, I gotta tell you somethin. If you don't have anything nice to say about it, you best suck it up and shut up. Now, what I gotta tell ya is that i am Bisexual, and always will be.

10. BiBi

BiBi Guest

So is that a good way to come out? Or is it to mean. I don't wanna make a big deal out of it, because then the other person will make a big deal out of it. I also want to make it straight to the point.

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if I were you I would just find a good time and place to talk to them and then say I really want to tell you something and I want to tell you because I really value you as a friend and then just say im bisexual, I wouldn't necessarily add anything else but then it does depend a little on the relationship you have with your friends so you will know best but it sounds a reasonable plan.

12. BiBi

BiBi Guest

I don't really have any friends, just acquaintances, but my friends (I call all my acquaintances friends, but they are really just acquaintances) in band are the people I can trust the most.

13. BiBi

BiBi Guest

What would a good place and time be?

14. BiBi

BiBi Guest

Bumpity Bump Bump. Am I allowed to bump posts? Please don't ban me and delete this thread if it is.

15. Jordz

There isn't a good place and time to come out, just do it when and where you feel comfortable. I would say to leave it till after you've gone to the camp tho because if they don't accept you it could be quite awkward.

16. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the above poster said there isn't really a definition of a good time or place to come out, as its different for everyone, a few things to think about are, make sure it is somewhere you feel comfortable (or as comfortable as you can be), most people like it to be somewhere slightly away from lots of people as it may well be that you don't want anyone to overhear what you are saying. One of the most important things in my opinion is make sure it is a time when you are not rushing, there is nothing worse that trying to tell someone something really important only for you to have to rush off once you have said it.