1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking that first step...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tehMUffINS, Jun 29, 2013.

1. tehMUffINS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am sure I am gay. I am 14 years old,and going into freshman year in high school. I have a decently accepting community(although very little outed gay males), have a group of mostly straight males, and at least I don't think my friends/family have any clue i'm gay any advice on taking the first step in coming out.:help:

2. Starling

Out Status:
    All but family
    I always say tell your friends first, the ones you trust and love the most, unless your parents are accepting of that sort of thing, in that case probably them.

3. BlueLines

I came out to my two closest friends not too long ago, both where very accepting and supportive. One, even came back out to me as bisexual, and that helped him feel better about himself too.

4. Silver Wolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I told my two friends. Even though I had only known them for a year, I new them well enough to now they could keep a secret. One freaked out at first but then came back
    Supportive. My other friend looked at me like I was crazy to
    Keep a kind of secret like this. He told me he was proud that I was one of the first people he told and we just kinda talk about it like its nothing. I really wish you the best in coming out and hope to here stories of you coming out. Good luck!

5. Holly

I would definitely go this way. I've come out to several friends, and it definitely builds your confidence in coming out. Planning on coming out to two other friends tomorrow... :icon_redf

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Yeah your situation reminds me of mine b4 I came out. For a simple approach I'd suggest finding out people's stance on gays, lesbians, etc by paying attention to their reactions when a LGBT related subject comes up. You could neutrally introduce a topic like gay marriage or something or just wait for one to come up by itself depending on how much of a hurry to come out you're in. When enough evidence implies they're fine with it go ahead and tell em' about yourself if it's someone you trust and feel ought to know~

7. BiBi

BiBi Guest

Lucky! :dry: