1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm thinking about coming out soon

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sidewinderSCOOT, Jun 30, 2013.

1. sidewinderSCOOT

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This thought process is consuming my whole life. I feel like hanging out with friends is so difficult lately, I find myself constantly thinking about coming out, zoning out during car rides with ppl and during conversations seems to be happening alot becausey mind is always thinking whether or not I should do it. If I were to come out I know who I would come out to first I just am trying to figure out how. I don't know if now will b a good time, because I'm still not really thrilled that I'm gay. But I've been tryin to do research, I figure maybe coming out to my friend might make the process of acceptance go quicker...I really envy the ppl who come to the realization they are gay and can just come out and be happy with themselves. :/ any advice I'm sure will help

2. BlueSupernova

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok. Hi. :slight_smile: I'm kind of going through the same thing. How and when I come out is all I think about. I think in our cases, we just have to.... ignore our hesitation and take the leap. it may take more bravery then you've ever needed, but i think for both of us afterward, whether we are fully accepted or not, you will feel relief as you no longer have to worry about it. not everyone is as confident as some, but all of us can be brave.

3. LD579

Ah, wow. I really like what you wrote there. =)

As for the topic creator... Do you think there's anyone you could come out to that would be accepting and supportive? Those people or that person would be a good place to start.

You can come out to them either seriously and one on one or you can just mention it in passing. Either can work fine and it depends on how you want to deal with it. Both have their advantages...

I wish the best for you =)

4. sidewinderSCOOT

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    @BlueSupernova: wow...I really like your last statement as well. I'm just so so nervous.
    I am so afraid of that leap.

@Luthan: I think I have atleast a few close friends I believe would b supportive. But I'm so nervous, what if they aren't? Wh
    at if it changes our whole dynamic, things could be awkward. They might not want me around as much, the guys I'm close to might never want to hang out with me :'( I'm just really scared. I don't know why...I don't know why everyone else feels so comfortable with it and I still havnt told a soul anything. I'm turning 22 at midnight tonight...and I feel miserable. I wanna go drinking with friends but I'm afraid ill blurt something out while I'm drunk. I hate this :frowning2: I don't have like a speech or anything and I honestly don't know what I'd say after I said that I'm gay. 22 years and I'm still to cowardly to be myself :frowning2: