1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I Come Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by vhrebels, Jun 30, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hey. So, I was camping with some friends a few days ago, and I have a massive crush on one of my really good friends. I think that he's either bisexual or gay, because he seems to enjoy flirting with me. We were cuddling together in his hammock, and I said "I love you" and he said "I love you too" and we chilled together for a while. Later, he said that he liked guys and I said that I did too, but I couldn't tell if he was kidding. So, did I come out? I don't think that he took it seriously, because we say stuff like this all the time to each other. It's really hard to explain, but does that count if I didn't directly say that I'm gay? And, alot of my other friends saw us together, but they didn't really say anything about it. Do they know? I mean, we don't really hide our feelings for each other.

2. LD579

Maybe ask him about it. It sounds like you did, and that he came out to you, too. It wouldn't hurt to clear the air. This might just make you both closer. Besides, if he was just joking, he kinda asked for it by doing so.

Have you and this friend told each other things like that before? Liking other guys or things similar? If not, I think you really did come out, but it was just informal. There's nothing wrong with that, of course.

I don't know if your other friends know, though. Without more details, only you would know best.

3. Temperance

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey :slight_smile:
    to start off, I'd say your friends (who probably aren't stupid) probably know, and don't think it's a big deal, if you say they saw and didn't say anything. It probably didn't phase them, maybe they saw it coming :slight_smile:
    As for your friend, if the two of you were cuddling on a hammock and told each other you love each other, you probably both meant it. Plus he told you he likes guys, he most likely wouldnt just say that if he didn't mean it... think about it, you don't really go around telling people you're spanish if your dutch, or your black if your white.. know what i mean? so my thoughts are that he likes you, and i wouldn't worry so much about "did you come out" officially or anything, your friend obviously knows you like him, your other friends saw so they obviously know ,and MOST importantly, you know.. just go with whatever feels right and you will just know :slight_smile: hope i was of some small help <3

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interpreting the situation you described as honest turns a joking bromance into an absolutely joyful, intimate moment. You still have to find out for sure by asking if he's serious some time, but if he is, dear Jesus you should consider yourself lucky.

5. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

What I'm kind of worried about is that he's Catholic, so he might think that being gay is a sin, which would push him further into the closet, which would kind of be a problem if we took our relationship further. I really want to, because I think about him all the time. What should I do about this? I really don't want to screw this up, because I really like him.

6. Temperance

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I go to church too, and there is actually a gay guy who also goes.. everyone knows he is gay and just accepts him. i guess it would depend on his church; most religious people do think it is a sin, but they also believe that we are all gods children and god loves everyone equal and whatever goes on in anyones life in terms of romance is between them and god. if his church wasnt accepting he could always switch churches.. it is also a sin to discriminate. jesus loves everyone equally!

you should definitely talk to him about this if it is something that is bothering you. you don't have to start off with that part, i'd start off with seeing what exactly are his feelings towards you and if he wants to try to give a relationship a try, if that's what you want. i'm sure all what you want is to be happy and be with someone who makes you happy, and thats probably what he wants too and if you two make each other happy, who cares what some church goers say? if his faith is important to him, he can find an accepting church. prodestant churches (like a straight up christian church, not called catholic, just christian) are usually more accepting of all people :slight_smile:

definitely talk to him about your relationship and if you decide to stay just friends or take it to the next level. then go from there; bring up the religious beliefs and see what his thoughts are. if you're thinking about this so much, he's probably thought about it too! :slight_smile: <3