1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to meet other gays...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by step49x, Jan 20, 2007.

1. step49x

If I was a teen trying to meet other gay guys, where might you suggest I go to find some?

I'm currently 18, which means I can't (legally) drink in the U.S.

2. Micah

Australia! Haha might be a tad more expensive than you're willing to pay :wink:

I'm not sure about the US laws for club entry, but you could always check out the local gay nightclubs, bars etc. Be cautious, take a friend and be sensible and you'll be ok :wink:

You could check out your college's GLBT groups (if you have any), although doing that will most likely result in questions about your sexuality.

Another option is web profiles. While there is danger involved in meeting someone from over the internet, there are also some really nice people out there. Remember, if you do decide to meet someone from online, to tell a friend that you're meeting them (including where and when). Also, its also a good idea to atleast have a phone conversation, or a webcam conversation whenever possible. And of course - meet in a public place.

A good website for finding gay 16-25 year olds in your area is Mogenic. I've met a few people from there - but again, remember to be safe!

3. nisomer

u could try some gay clubs, most of em have 18+ nights i would think. or you could join some GLBT groups at school or somethin

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Well if you're a bit on the conservative side of things and don't like to go out to the clubs or established gay gathering grounds....why not try some "unofficial" gay hot spots.

For example, here in NL, it's like some mass migration of gays to the mall on saturdays (unforunately all taken and too old for me, like 17-18), particularily in the hall next to Le Chateau. Just have a look around for a higher concentration of possible mates...of course you're going to need a highly operative gaydar to help distinguish straight boys from gay boys.

They call it man-hunting for a reason you know.

PS: Flirting is required, after all, how are they supposed to know you're interested or even gay for that matter. One never knows how many lovers has slipped through their fingers because they never tried.

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

OMFG. *kisses dave in a strictly non-romantic way*

This is exactly the kind of site i've been looking for. Awsomeness, screw myspace.

6. Micah

Haha - personally myspace has worked better for me. But hey! you're welcome. :icon_wink

7. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Yeah, I found Mogenic to be a bit disappointing, with Myspace having a better selection, but who knows, it could work for you.

Although I must say, the articles are pretty rad.

8. step49x

Yeah, that's probably one of my biggest problems, at the moment. I really don't have much of one.

I need to find some GLBT events to go to. Or maybe go to one of those with someone else who has an established gaydar. I've got a friend at college who says she just did some research over the summer studying gays, so she's got an excellent gaydar. I'm so jealous!

My biggest problem is, I haven't the slightest idea what I should be looking for... :dry:

9. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Hey you pay for the airfare and i can help you out :lol: . But yeah, theres no harm in asking your friend to give you a hand. But finding other gays is alot easier than you think....all you need is to go to some known gay spots, register character traits etc, or simply introvert upon yourself....most gay people do have some degree of similarity in character because of our shared struggles. This doesn't limit to feminism as most shallow people think.

Anyway i dunno where im going with this because im currently very sick and my mind is elsewhere....i hope that helped to some degree.

10. GuitarGirl1350

I'm on mogenic!!!! Friend me!! I'm GuitarGirl1350 on there too.
    another one which is basically a myspace clone is www.outfriend.com I'm not very active on there and have not found it fruitful. Mogenic on the other hand is a good site :slight_smile:

#10 GuitarGirl1350, Jan 23, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  11. ronnieflip

ronnieflip Guest

Iam 20 yrs old and looking for a gay pattener who can make my whole world come to reality.I've never had one and rhis is my first time that iam trying it out so i want to make it perfect.Ihope i'll find you.I love you. Please PM me.

#11 ronnieflip, Mar 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  12. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Speaking of mogenic, is it down temporarily. All week i cannot visit it, saying the web is down or something. w/e....

13. geoking66

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mogenic has been doing that for a while, and it's really annoying considering I've never really been able to use my account there.